iPhone could be best preview of new iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The new member, Feb 5, 2007.

1. The new member macrumors member

Read this ;)

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/business/16605123.htm

2. The new member thread starter macrumors member

A real 6th gen iPod displaying a faked picture ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

This was on engadget or Gizmodo a few weeks ago as a google device. Anyway this is definatly not the full screen ipod

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

i don't see the fm tuner. bluetooth, maybe...

5. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple releases an iPod with touch screen earlier then fall, just to get people used to such an UI.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

everybody think iPhone is next iPod's prototype, problem is when? I bet at the end of 07 or beginning of 08.

7. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Wouldn't it be funny if an FM tuner was built in, just to shut up everyone else about the iPod having no built-in FM? :p

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Full-screen touch control makes sense for a phone device, not so much so for an iPod mp3 player. I'll eat my fuzzy slippers and say a full-screen touch iPod will not be released by Apple.

Apple will be moving to all nano-sized mp3 players for their entire line-up once flash memory is cheap enough to come in 60GB flavours. At that size, it doesn't make any sense to have a touch screen. And your regular-sized iPod will be a thing of the past.

Wake up from dreamland everyone!

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, i think most ppl probably talking about video iPod, which, will have a larger screen with touch screen tech.

10. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I dont think everybody would appreciate nano sized ipods either. I know I wouldn't: when the time comes for flash to be cheap at 60 gigs, imagine how big and cheap hard drives will be: 160 gigs maybe? 200?

I would prefer a big touch screen ipod to watch movies and be more of a multiuse portable device than just an mp3 player.

I'd rather get the iphone anyhow though :D

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I highly doubt that we'll see a Multitouch iPod replace the scroll wheel iPod, but I bet by Christmas we will see a high-end iPod with Multitouch.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not convinced, the high end iPod is the iPhone ;).

13. mashinhead macrumors 68020

They also have a fledgling movie business. And movies take up a lot more space, and require a larger screen. And the iphone is no where near tackling that. They've clearly already adopted and embraced that format by making a video ipod already. they're not going to retreat from that at this point. And 60gb flash sticks are really nowhere near being affordable. Do you really think that they will wait 2-3 years without a true video ipod? Anyway it's a mute point, because there real reason this is an issue isn't hard drive space, or screen real estate. It is and always has been battery life. So until there is a breakthrough in recargable battery technology, that allows you to watch movies for 20 hrs if you wanted, no one will have a decent portable video player.

14. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I would agree with you, except I think there are a lot of people who want a nice portable video player like iPhone, but want much more than 8gb of storage.