iPhone Crashed, reset, locked, and won't connect to computer... WTF Mon?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WTFMon, Dec 17, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2011
    Hey all, this is definitely a baffling first for me.

My Verizion iPhone 4 (the white one) has gone completely psycho on me.

It was working fine, I had it plugged into the wall listening to my D&D podcast, when out of the blue it rolled a critical fail and rebooted for no reason.

Upon restarting it will only go to a screen with "Emergency Call" blinking above the keypad... as if mocking me. When I try to make a call it won't let me, though I am able to call 911 (I hung up before it connected out of paranoia)

When I click the little info "i" icon on the lower right a window pops up with "MEID:" followed by a string of numbers and letters. I assume this is the phone ID or whatever it's called.

Now here is the kicker. The damn thing will power up while connected to a wall socket, but instantly power off when I disconnect it, and won't connect or even power on while connected to my mac. I've tried 2 different cords and 2 separate computers, so the fault seems to be within my phone or from an unseen evil wizard.

My phone is about 6 or 7 months old, has never been jailbroken, and been running in tip top shape until this happened. I am about 1 month late in paying my Verizon bill, though I can't even call them, and received no text or call from them screaming for money. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the evil wizard works for them...I have no idea.

Oh...yea, and my phone dosent seem to have been reset, because I can still see my wallpaper behind keypad.

Any ideas?
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Sounds like a hardware issue.
    Bring it to Apple to have it replaced since you're still under warranty.