iPhone Developer's 'Serious Doubts' About Working With Ap...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 21, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors member

Jun 23, 2008
    The South, USA
  3. macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2008
    One brave soul decided to whine, while the resentful rest prefer to curse under their breath.

Someone has to speak out. Why not him?
  4. macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2009
  5. macrumors 68020

Jul 1, 2008
    Bostonian exiled in SoCal
    Is he seriously saying that a week is too long? Grow up. I have sympathy for those who have waited weeks with no word from Apple, but one week and this guy is whining? It makes me want to dismiss his other, seemingly more valid, concerns.
  6. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Yes, this was my reaction to the whole article also. There are some valid points embedded in an extremely unbalanced, petulant rant. Not only is it one-sided in the sense of not considering the extreme success that Apple's approach has garnered, but it also shows a nearly complete lack of developer concern for the welfare of users, the benefit of whom causes many of these restrictions exist.

Apple has room to improve, and they should, but I like my developers less childish, thank you very much.
  7. macrumors 68020

Mar 29, 2009
    A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    He should edit out the app approval time criticism, I instantly thought an impatient teenager was writing at that point.
  8. macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2008
    I'm finding the quality of apps being let in is poor, they are designed poorly, have almost no point to them even if they are free.

and on the other hand, companies that are producing quality apps, are having them rejected as they dont abide by apple/at&t's rules.

Im not liking the fact that my phone is so limited. potential is there, but its not being permitted.

disappointing on many parts.
  9. macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    No, I think it's a valid point. If it takes me a week to submit my program to the store, and it's rejected, I need to do it again, which takes another week...

Considering I can look at a PC program like Adium or Firefox and tell in a few minutes whether it works well or not, I don't see why Apple should take a week. Considering it might be rejected once or twice, that's 2 or 3 weeks now, for approval. That's far too long.
  10. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Apr 6, 2005
    A week? Tweetie's last update took 2 weeks and it is an ADA winner. The average approval time for new apps now is "at least" 2 weeks.
  11. macrumors 68020

Mar 29, 2009
    A man of the people. The right sort of people.

You guys don't know how good you've got it. Takes months for us to get anywhere in our business.