iPhone dialer hidden in iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mgkumar, Feb 8, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502

Nice useless easter egg. Maybe a Skype plugin someday.

3. macrumors 6502a

thesdx

Didn't work on mine. I tried double-tapping the home button, and nothing happened.

4. PMB
    macrumors 65816

PMB

same here. wonder if i was jailbroken at one point,and had the home button changed?

5. macrumors 6502a

thesdx

That wouldn't carry over to the 1.1.3 upgrade. When you restore an iPod, all data gets erased and it reinstalls the OS.

6. macrumors 6502a

archurban

it's not happened to me. I think that it's only jailbreak version. when I saw his video, it looked like jailbreak.

7. macrumors 65816

iDAG

8. macrumors 601

Apple just basically took the iPhone firmware and stuck it into the iPod Touch. There are reminders of this all over the place such as when you have the passcode lock on and enter the wrong code several times. It will lock up and tell you the iPhone is locked.

9. macrumors newbie

And when you dont lose signal on wifi while safari was trying to do something and it says Please connect to Edge or Wifi

10. macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

11. macrumors 6502

safetyobc

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it is jailbroken. It doesn't look like he has the installer app (at least not on the first page). The extra icons are the iPhone apps and then a couple of webpages.

Mine is jailbroken however. And I noticed it only works if you in cover flow mode or if you are looking at the cover art of a song.

13. macrumors newbie

I actually had this happen to me once. However, I believe it is due to the fact that my ipod was jailbroken. After some research it would seem that the Nate True method of jailbreaking the iPod Touch (i.e. 1.1.1 directly to 1.1.3) uses the iPhone firmware instead of the iPod touch firmware. This is also causing many of the issues people are having with DRM iTunes music not playing back on jailbroken 1.1.3 who used this method.