iPhone earpiece damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richmds, Nov 16, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

So everyday or other day I notice that lint, crumbs and other junk finds its way into the slotted earpiece. So I blow really hard at it and it usually cleans it out.
    Just wondering if this will eventually damage the speaker? Should I just leave the crap that gets lodged there or is blowing the stuff out ok?

2. tgi
    macrumors 65816

tgi

I do the same exact thing. I doubt blowing into it will damage it. Leaving the stuff there would have a better chance of causing damage.

3. macrumors 65816

Haha this is funny cuz I do the exact same thing. I'm constantly trying to keep gunk out of there. It sucks major on white iPhones cuz its so much easier to spot. I also blow it out, making sure my lips are dry so I don't spit. Seems to be okay. It's weird though, even without visible debris in there, there are still parts of the grille that look darker, as if stuff is deeper lodged or something. I really try not to be OCD, but I am always trying to keep stuff out of the ports/speakers/earpiece. I even try and keep it out of my pocket as much as possible.