Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afterall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hello,

Just got my iPhone unlocked, totally new to this and many questions unanswered so i think i should put as much as there is here about how to use iPhone so other ppl can read it as well. Here are mine, if u have any pls add in. And if you know the answers to these please reply. Thank you very much.

1. Can we send one sms to many people at a same time?
2. Can we forward an sms?
3. Can we copy a phone number in contact and past it into sms?
4. Can we send business card?
5. Can we turn off the suggestion function when u type? How?
6. Can we only take English suggestion? How does this system work?

7. Can we manually drag and drop songs from iTunes library to iPhone (instead of having to sync it, because i can't drag and drop)?
8. Can we use iPhone as a hard drive like iPod?
9. When hitting the Home button, is the application still running in the background? How do we close it if its still running?

thank you very much.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
1-5, 7-8: No.

6: English only, as currently the iPhone is intended as a US-only device.

9: Yes the application is still running. If you want to fully "quit out" an application, you hold down the Home button until the Home screen appears.

afterall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
wow, it cannot a lot of things uh! not very user friendly i think. specially the sms thing. and the ipod thing is a bit annoying as well.

oh well, i still love everything else
thanks a lot

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
wow, it cannot a lot of things uh! not very user friendly i think. specially the sms thing. and the ipod thing is a bit annoying as well.

oh well, i still love everything else
thanks a lot

most of those things you mentioned will probably be added in an update. copy/paste in general is missing, but its tought to implement with only taps.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
wow, it cannot a lot of things uh!

Honestly, until it was asked, I never noticed. It does what it does just fine without those things, IMO.

There's really just three things I want:

- Video recording
- MMS
- Tethering

And then it would be perfect for me. :)

afterall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
well i send at least 50 sms a day and most of them are not in english so the suggestion is very annoying for me, cause its always wrong in my language. and its just the habit of itunes, i have hundred of gigs of music i dont like to sync and not all the songs from one album i like so...

its just the habit of using the phone. i guess i have to wait for updates
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.