Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afornander

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
when (if) the iphone comes out. what features do you want it to have?

i would like to see... a 1gig, 2gig, and 4gig storage space. (maby one with like 32 mb for cheap) a built in isight(cam). video calling, and make it a slide pnone. so it looks like an ipod, than when you slide it open it looks kick ass.:D

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I don't know about cell phones. I held out on getting one for the longest time. Then I got the cheapeast one I could find. I just wanted to make phone calls, you know? Then last week the woman comes home with a RAZR (free upgrade, etc) for me -- it's got all these features, a camera ... all kinds of stuff that would make my students happy. But it does nothing for me. Why do I want my phone to take pictures? Why do I want my phone to play music? And why would I possibly want a belt clip?

All I want from the iPhone is Apple sexiness, an "it just works" reliability and a calculator. I can leave everything else behind.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
That is gorgeous. I don't know how well the functionality would work out with the fact that you have to unfold it two ways to open the phone though. Single flip would please many more people.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
rockandrule said:
That is gorgeous. I don't know how well the functionality would work out with the fact that you have to unfold it two ways to open the phone though. Single flip would please many more people.
heh, yeah. practicality isn't perfect, but steve can hack those issues out, right? ;)

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
xfiftyfour said:
someone posted this in the news forum concerning the iPhone rumor.

... i'd be pretty happy with that. :D ;)
BEAUTIFUL! That is the sort of design I expect from Apple.

All I really care about though is that it has a glowing apple logo :rolleyes:

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
rockandrule said:

Maybe when you open one, both will open? or maybe you press a button and it springs open :)

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
I don't care about non-phone features like mp3 players or cameras...

I would want it available in CDMA, and tightly integrated with iCal and Address Book...with bluetooth of course.

I expect I'm dreaming though....nothing cool ever comes out for CDMA...haha.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Silentwave said:
Maybe when you open one, both will open? or maybe you press a button and it springs open :)
Or maybe for the talk features you could open only one and the screen will be intuitive to display like, a smaller number keypad in that setting, and it'll take a more "cell phone" look to it, but then for the music/photo/video settings, you open both.. or something like that-ish. of course apple will do that much better than my explanation, but you get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.