[iPhone] Find version of installed SDK

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by Enuratique, Jun 22, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi all, I've searched high and low on the Internet and I can't seem to find any way to find what the currently installed version of the iPhone SDK is. I'm pretty sure I upgraded to atleast Beta 6 because that required installation of OS X 10.5.3. However, it looks like Beta 7 has been released and I don't know if that was the version I installed (since Beta 6 and Beta 7 came out within days of each other). I'd rather not waste bandwidth downloading a 1 GB image, but if I must I must.

All kinds of local searches (in .plist files and what not) everything appears to just be signed with iPhone SDK 2.0 (not indicating a beta build or anything). If it helps, the build number for Beta 6 is 2192 and the build number for Beta 7 is 2199.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68040

Run the iPhone simulator, go to the Settings app and then About. If the Version is 2.0 (5A331) then you have beta 7.

3. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Open Xcode and go to About Xcode in the Xcode menu. If it says the following you are running beta 7:

Xcode IDE: 1099.0
    Xcode Core: 1100.0
    ToolSupport: 1086.0

4. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Actually I'm pretty sure Xcode didn't change between beta 6 and beta 7...

5. macrumors 603

Cromulent

The core did. The IDE might not have done, but those numbers are most definitely different to beta 6.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all! After a little bit of digging through the craptastic SDK documentation, I stumbled upon this nugget: the official way to get the build version of your current SDK.

cat /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS2.0.sdk/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

7. macrumors newbie

Use System Profiler

I've decided to cross-post my answer to a similar Stack Overflow question.

Update: PhoneyDeveloper (below) has informed me that this doesn't work in Leopard. I totally forgot that some people might not be on Snow Leopard.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1480184/how-do-i-determine-which-iphone-sdk-i-have/

8. macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

That doesn't work for me. I see Software but no Developer. I see Xcode under Software > Applications and it tells me its version is 3.1.4 which isn't that useful.

I'm on Leopard. Are you on SL?

9. macrumors newbie

I am on Snow Leopard.

I'll update my post accordingly.

Thanks.