iPhone Gains Final Regulatory Approval in South Korea

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 18, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Reuters reports that the iPhone has gained final regulatory approval in South Korea, paving the way for a release there in the very near future.
    Exactly when the iPhone will launch there is not yet confirmed, but reports have suggested that it may be before the end of the month.
    It is not entirely clear how this regulatory approval differs from a similar approval reported in September, but today's development certainly appears to be the final step needed before the device can launch there.

Article Link: iPhone Gains Final Regulatory Approval in South Korea

2. macrumors 65816

stagi

Good news for AAPL, I hope they can continue to add more countries and get the iPhone in as many hands as possible :)

3. macrumors 65816

aarond12

High-tech

I think this roll-out will be similar to Japan: Their home-country phones are far more advanced than the iPhone, as far as raw capabilities, however this is a big deal that the protectionistic South Korea is allowing this to happen.

Good job Apple! :apple:

4. macrumors 65816

zombitronic

KT Corp runs on a CDMA network. Are these unique Korean iPhones? Could these iPhones potentially work on Verizon's network?

5. macrumors newbie

I accept with information:Their home-country phones are far more advanced than the iPhone, as far as raw capabilities, however this is a big deal that the protectionistic South Korea is allowing this to happen.