Iphone: ghost emails or false alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hdsalinas, Aug 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Hi,

I have owned my iphone4 for about a month now, and since last week I have heard (I have it in a dock next to my imac) random "false" alerts as if I had received a new email - but when i look in my inbox there is nothing new -ghost email?.

I have looked for new sms, facebook notifications or anything that would generate a badge but there is nothing new.

What could generate these random alerts (about two during the day)?

2. macrumors 6502a

Probably a different app that does push notifications that you don't think to check.

3. macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I've noticed something similar on mine. At times it's a real "ghost" item and other times I've noticed that if I'm using the phone and see that there is a new email and maybe it's not completely downloaded I can delete it but it'll vibrate 5-30 seconds later when it downloads and I guess ends up in trash.
    But like I said, other times it does what you're describing. Werid...

4. macrumors 68040

I was going to make a completely differ thread about something simular. I get these emails that reads .....

(No Sender)
    (No Subject)
    This message has no content

I can't open or delete them and it stays as a new email. Eventually, usually within the day it would just dissapear. I tried to single it out to a certain email box and nothing, it only shows up in the "All Inboxes" tab.

This happens at random and started happening around 2 months ago.

5. macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I get those too. Again, I think that happens as partial data is downloaded from your email servers to the phone. It knows something is there but not the sender, subject or body. If I see one of those I set the phone down and some time later (a minute, maybe 5) go back and that message isn't there any more. I've also seen where the sender is there, I click on the message and there is no body to the email. Again, put the phone down and go back later and it's there.

6. macrumors 68040

The thing is I never got thoses until I updated to 4.3.3. I am jailbroken tho.

7. macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Jailbusted here too. I honestly can't say how long thats been happening with me.