iPhone goes to apple logo, then shuts off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrathofhawk, Mar 30, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2009
    My jailbroken iPhone 3GS running on 3.1 was not responding to anything so I did the home button + power button reset, and it seems to be in this loop of turning on, staying on for about 40 seconds, then just shuts off. My computer won't detect it, I have tried SSH'ing so I can back up my stuff that way, because I haven't backed up since last October, which is not a good thing at all. I have heard of iRecovery but I'm not sure if it will put my phone in restore mode or not, I DO NOT want to restore my phone. Unless I really have to, but hopefully someone can elaborate for me exactly what iRecovery does, or if theres something else I can do.
  2. macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Do you have a tethered jailbreak? Search on those terms to learn more about it, but all you need to do is start the jailbreak process and it'll boot up.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2009
    I don't have the tethered jailbreak, it still shuts off when I plug it into my computer.
  4. macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2010

i have the exact same problem, please, were you able to at least get it back to work (ever losing data)? i need it to start!!!!!! i need it to turn on and work
  5. macrumors member

Jun 22, 2009
    Please Help

Hey i have the same problem right now. i soft restored my phone by holding down the two buttons for 10 secs and now it shows the apple logo for about 30secs then switches off. when i plug it into wall it will restart then switch off. i can get into DFU mode but i dont want to do a software restore! i have not backed up my phone for months and i have phone numbers i need are there any tools out there that can force boot up a phone from say, DFU mode? restoring is not an option. Please help!
  6. macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2012
    I have the same problem, but mine is not jailbroken!!
    I took it to the applestore and they tried for an hour. But they couldn't "get in to it".

They simply said that it was vintage and I should get a new one (even though they sold it to me as a new one 14 months ago). :(
    Id still like to see if I can fix it.

Its plugged into my computer. The computer does not see it. But what happens is a distinctive pattern.
    The apple logo appears for 15 to 25 seconds then switches off for 15 to 25 seconds. It isn't always the same time.
    I figure it must be a system message.