iPhone in Australia???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jimmieboy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Anyone heard anything about the iPhone in Australia? Maybe I'll have to move to the US to be able to have one :D

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We'll get it in 2008 along with the rest of Asia.

3. mojohojo macrumors regular

BOO! :mad:

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

by then there will probably be an updated model, so we can have the bragging rights :p

5. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

6. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i'm sure you can get one and unlock it but you won't have some features like visual voicemail available to you. Personally i think this phone is years away from being what it is intended. By the time it gets to australia it will be worth getting.

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jobs said Europe by Q4 2007. I assume the UK is a part of Europe (even though some people say it isn't :rolleyes: )

A recent article on the MR front page said Apple is going to lengths to prevent this phone from being unlocked. Just wait till it's released to get the full product. You'll enjoy it more anyway :)

8. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

You see. It's "tradition" in my family that for the Christmas of your last year of school (yup that's me, grade 12), you get a mobile phone. So hopefully I'll just be able to pocket the money and then wait to see if it gets released early next year. I mean at the moment I have my Dad's old Nokia 6230i which is alright but you know, tradition.

9. aspro macrumors 6502

Hopefully by the time its released down here it is sold unlocked, I don't want to have to get myself into a contract just to buy it, though I do fear the pricetag. :)

10. aLoC macrumors 6502a

In the keynote he only mentioned the US, Europe and Asia. South America, Australia and Africa, which are separate continents, were not mentioned.

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

see my above post (#7)