iPhone is anticipating Leopard UI?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Americanloti, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Americanloti macrumors member

Mar 2, 2006
    I was watching the keynote (again) since the podcast has a better audio and video quality. I was paying attention to the iPhone UI. It seems that Apple lately is using a lot of blue(ish) colors, but still we have no idea what Leopard will look like (if indeed they'll change the Aqua interface). For example what do you think the color a scrollbar, or the button of a combobox will be like?
    I think that the iPhone can give us some answer, and based on that I say that the new Aqua will be black. Pay attention to the attached picture. Its a screenshot of the iPhone displaying the NYTimes webpage. The combobox in the middle has a black button, not the aqua one we see everyday. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    I posted a thread awhile ago like this talking about iTunes 7 and a possible new Leopard UI. And since the iTunes 7 UI and the iPhones UI are almost a perfect match, I am almost expecting that Leopard will ship with a new UI based on that blueish color that in used in the iPhone and the occasional Glossy black that you see in the source list in iTunes 7.
  3. tombarnes macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2006
    Cornwall, United Kingdom
    I think this is one of the reasons for the June release date. Aside FCC approval (which only takes 2 months anyway). I am therefore certain the iPhone release date is influenced by Leopard.

I can't wait! I live in the UK and therefore have to wait until Q4! Dammit! But the UK is a lovely place to live!

4. c-Row macrumors 65816

Jan 10, 2006
    As long as Leopard arrives earlier than Q4... ;)
  5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    I think this is very possible. Apple seems to like the black and blue. I don't want it to look too dark though.
  6. Americanloti thread starter macrumors member

Mar 2, 2006
    Personally I'd like more a glossy black scrollbar/button than the blue iTunes one.
  7. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Nice catch! Easy to overlook that detail, as it's blended in with the page so well. I think it's a given that the iPhone is at least *some* indication of things to come.

I found a clearer image from the demo movie on Apple's iPhone page.

Attached Files:

8. Americanloti thread starter macrumors member

Mar 2, 2006
    Steve said it runs Mac OS X, he didn't say which version though, and since it has Core Animation...
    As I said before I wouldn't mind the black at all, I think it will look very clean and not dark. I want Leopard so badly!!!

P.S. Haven't noticed the same screenshot on the webpage, it's much clearer; good catch to you too!