Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Wonder if they have to use a zune or they can use another competitor other than apples offering. If I had a 0.1% of there wealth I would be tempted by Archos's offerings.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Oh oops I didn't read the whole article. The full quote:

“They go to parks, have playdates and sleep-overs. Melinda is fierce about this. There will be no bubble for them; these children will not turn out to be Paris Hilton.” Still, being a Microsoft child does carry unusual burdens. “There are very few things that are on the banned list in our household,” Gates tells me. “But iPods and iPhones are two things we don’t get for our kids.” Harsh, perhaps, but understandable. After all, it’s hard to walk around tethered to merchandise made by your father’s most famous competitor. Still, Gates acknowledges the inevitable lure of forbidden fruit. “Every now and then I look at my friends and say, ‘Ooh, I wouldn’t mind having that iPhone.’

Cos of the reference to Melinda, I thought it was Bill speaking. Turns out it was her brother speaking in the first part, and Melinda speaking the second part. Wasn't clear. I'll change my sig later, it's bed time now.

Edit: Sig now changed. For bitchy win, see below:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.