iPhone is cool and all...but why is it black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pants Dragon, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

Isn't Apple's colour White? I know that they're been going white/black on some things lately, but defualt has always been white. I want a white iPhone!

2. SupadudeX macrumors member

I think most people like the color black better. This can be seen with in the increased price of the black Macbook. Personally, I like black better than white.

Give it a year and im sure Apple will come out with all sorts of colors.

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Also Leopards new GUI will be black. Its quite obvious from all the black interfaces we are seeing. iPhoto, iTunes, QuickTime, all the latest ads and some of the webpages are showing increasing 'black' content and also the UI on the phone is black too.

Anyone ever watch The Fast Show? If you do you will know what I'm on about. :D

Black, Black, Black... its all black!!!

5. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

You don't have to use the included ones *ahem* *cough* included with the iPod... I'd imagine a white iPhone would look like a brown turd after about two weeks. I hope this thing ships with an enormous iCloth, because the buildup of grease on an iPhone is going to make it into the Guiness Book of World Records. First you smear up the screen good dialling a number, then you stick the display on your cheek for 20 minutes while on the phone... and if it's anywhere as scratch prone as the original Nano, the iPhone will provoke the largest class-action lawsuit in history.

Anyway, yeah, black is back, everywhere. Check out the latest Logitech advanced peripherals (DiNovo Edge, Z-10 speakers, MX Revolution mouse) - black, black, black, shiny black. Check out Vista and Leopard, black & black. Office 2007, black skin. iPhone, iPods, MacBooks... Black is coming back in a big way on cars, too. In 2004-2005 European car manufacturers like Audi and VW were pushing for a resurrection of white as the new must-have car color, but now they're on the black bandwagon too. Ikea is stocking up on black furniture... Yep, white is officially out - and so are blue diodes. So sayeth the gadget fashion gurus.

6. puttputt macrumors regular

and I suppose brown is out of style already? (yet again)

7. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Well, Microsoft Zune is available in brown, and that's a telltale sign. If it's Microsoft, it's out of style.

8. dan2max macrumors newbie

answer

becuase once you go black, you never go back.

9. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

Doesn't 'being out of style' require that at one time you were IN style? If so then I'm not sure using Microsoft as an example would work... :D

10. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Actually there isn't much black in Leopard aside from the Coverflow interface. Its a uniform grey interface with white contents. Yes I got to play with the latest beta from WWDC.

That aside...black is better IMO. What I would really love to see is black annodized aluminum iMacs.

11. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I agree - white is getting tired and keeping the white Apple keyboards clean is a serious pain.

12. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

yeah if it was available in pink the girlfriend would be all over it. I believe it is only a matter of time. Just like the nanos.

13. korndog2003 macrumors regular

korndog2003

14. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

This thread is racist!

LOL :p

IMO, Black is beauty. Glad they released it in black. The white one would look like a Palm Z22 or a toy!

15. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

The correct answer.

Anyone with a little background in color theory, which I am sure the apple designers have, knows that black is the better choice for this product.

16. mp3nmp4 macrumors newbie

silver face, white back iphone ditto, d718i phone

found this post on Digg.com... it appears that there is now a "white" backed iphone look a like clone out there...

Digitalrise d718i

17. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

18. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

Quick, someone make a mock up of a white iPhone to show how horrible it would look. Black was the right choice here, but I wish they still made iMacs in white!

19. aerospace macrumors 6502a

I cant recall the address at the moment but theres a company selling iphones painted in about 30 colors. a few actually look better than black in my opinion

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/iPhone.aspx?GB=1

^^thats the one, $129 is a bit steep but if you want a pink or white phone, its available

20. mp3nmp4 macrumors newbie

actually, it looks like that site only has the black model... a gold iphone would be hot...

21. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Well as it stands besides accesories we are left with one white Apple product.

The MacBook and wonder if that will still be white after the next refresh.

22. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Agreed.

I'd like to see Apple make a brown iPod. Then Microsoft will be all like "O... that's how you do brown!"

23. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

24. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

dis iphone...is NOT blaaack

...NOT!!

<3 borat