iPhone..it's just the start....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bozola, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Bozola macrumors regular

True Video iPod.
    No phone features.
    100gb storage.
    Same format as iphone.
    Xmas 2007.
    $299

You heard it here first!:D :D

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I'm thinking early September...just in time for the mas shopping season.

4. Keebler macrumors 68030

you have to wonder if such a thing will be released. it would be a natural progression to the ipod line and not everyone will need a phone (although, everyone should want one after seeing this baby! :)

5. Malus macrumors 6502

Agreed, I'm surprised they didnt released it simultaneously with the iphone.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Well, it would've stolen part of the show or have been just completely ignored...

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They want everyone to buy an iPhone first before they release a new iPod and since it wont release until June don't hold your breath of a new iPod until Fall.

8. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Yea they want to pump as much of the iPhone into the faces of media and consumers as possible before releasing any other "improvements" on their products. Hook new/potential customers, and reel them in with new/updated products in a couple weeks

9. Trishul macrumors regular

Trishul

i fear Cingular, and maybe also Google, Yahoo etc.. said we won't be involved unless you provide a smartphone that is also the next generation of iPod, and is exclusive. To me that seems realistic, especially in the case of Cingular.

I think the features of the phone aspect rock, but i imagine to the majority of phone users the will be no more than a luxury, though to some i could see the features as being essential time savers and extremely convinient, but to average users who could probably only ever call 5-10 people regularly, the iPhone won't exactly improve their phone situation. Most will be happy with a Nano and a regular phone.

But in terms of a potential 6G iPod obviously something was missing, and needs to be rectified, clearly the form factor is there now, and a 100GB HD not a problem.. the touch screen is First Class, and the picture/video manipulation is pure Apple design genius, if they announced a new 6G iPod today 6 months b4 release i would have easily put in a pre-order, a true video iPod with built in speaker would be enough for me, but cover flow, inventive touch screen etc.. man!!

if nothing is announced within the next few months, or until after the iPhone release, then there must definately be some exclusivity deal going on, because Apple would be mad not to have released this potential 6G iPod now, free of the FCC etc.. and perfectly available to their biggest demographic.. the iPod market!!

Pinch.. gotta love it!!! how huge will that be!!!???!!! :cool:

10. Epicurus macrumors 6502

Epicurus

I see a fatter iPhone with a 60GB hard drive and a much better battery before the regular iPod goes widescreen.

Think about it. To get the CoverFlow interface and all the touchscreen goodies, they need to overhaul the iPod OS and processor system. Once you do that, you've basically got the iPhone. At that stage, why not just go all the way and add in the wifi and cell features?

11. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I think it's going to be shaped like a flying saucer and it will shoot lasers at droid fanboys.

12. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I think it's going to be called the iPod touch. Why do you keep digging up old threads? It's kinda fun, but... why?

13. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

For real, you dig up a 3 year old thread to post pointless garage about a flying saucer? You should be banned.

14. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

15. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Sometimes I read threads that confuse me until I check the posting date and realize they are necro'd. Shame on you.

16. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

THIS LOL

17. Bozola thread starter macrumors regular

I started this thread 3 years ago! and I was almost right.

18. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Almost :rolleyes:

19. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Get out of here Necromancer. Stop posting about Android fanboys.

20. Fernandez21 macrumors 68040

Fernandez21

Quick, what lotto numbers should I play? In fl?

21. Bozola thread starter macrumors regular