Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomacorno

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2009
NASDAQ is down 2.38% so this may need a little context.

Apparently the market didn't think the launch was successful considering Apple has reached new 52 week lows again today.

Currently down 2.28%

Apple has introduced nothing new and the market is beyond impatient.
The iRing, iTV, iBS is getting old and even MacRumors has more posts about competitors than it does regarding Apple Rumors or "Real" Apple news.

A new carrier launch isn't going to dig AAPL out of the slump that it's in.

----------

This is true but, of course, that mainly matters locally. Whichever carrier has the best service in the region where you spend the most time is going to be a deciding factor for the average person who is on the fence (and is doing some research). That is, unless you are a business traveller, do I care how many bars I get in Albuquerque if I live in Seattle?

I think they are all different and you have to look at it that way. VZ and AT&T offer more LTE than Sprint and T-Mo, also speaking there are more phones on both, if T-Mo gets more customers I am sure the speeds will not be that great, also their service is not the same as VZ and AT&T. Sprint IMO needs to be worried now that you can get all this on T-Mo, they IMO again beat Sprint hands down, and their speeds are not too shabby either from what I have been reading.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
NASDAQ is down 2.38% so this may need a little context.

TMobile just released the iPhone on a new carrier and AAPL is down over 2% today and reached a new 52 week low.

Google released nothing today and are only down 1.03%.

This shows that the market and investors have lost faith in Apple and Tim Cook and company aren't doing anything about it other than apologizing and saying "We've got great stuff coming this year". One Quarter if finished and Apple has nothing announced.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Apparently the market didn't think the launch was successful considering Apple has reached new 52 week lows again today.

Currently down 2.28%

As is the entire stock market. I fail to see how the market sees this as a failure just because of a one day loss. The two are not directly related considering most analysts have already factored in T-Mobile selling around 3-5M iPhones in 2013.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
As is the entire stock market. I fail to see how the market sees this as a failure just because of a one day loss. The two are not directly related considering most analysts have already factored in T-Mobile selling around 3-5M iPhones in 2013.

How is another 52 week low today not related to an Apple launch on a major US carrier? Apple's stock on a major new carrier should not be following the rest of the market on a day when BlackBerry is up over 1%.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
But the point is the stock market is up year or year, but APPL is down over 30%, so just comparing APPL being down with the Nasdaq is no consolation. The market is fearful that Apple's emerging market strategy has failed While Samsung and HTC seemed to be doing better. With a replacement cycle, a stock is then priced as a utility, but AAPL has a dividend yield of 2.5% so it does not cut like a utility either.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
So now I can experience an iPhone on every carrier. I guess the price competition will be in full swing now! Hopefully AT&T and Verizon realize that unlimited data is the way to go!

Sadly that would only happen if tmo had a larger network. It is pretty much a 2 horse race and that is what we see with att and verizon pretty much mimicking each other price wise.

----------

One iPhone, all carriers.

Can Android say that?
(maybe, but I see many phones have a base model with different names/flavors for each carrier)

Samsung can that's about the only one

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011

Currently down 2.28%

The iRing, iTV, iBS is getting old and even MacRumors has more posts about competitors than it does regarding Apple Rumors or "Real" Apple news.

Apple's gone radio silent on purpose. Too much information was released last year and it killed them. Now they are going complete stealth mode. When stuff is ready, it will be released. No set dates anymore, no known schedule, etc.

BTW, almost everything was down today, not just Apple. Has nothing to do with Apple..just the market in general today.

----------

TMobile just released the iPhone on a new carrier and AAPL is down over 2% today and reached a new 52 week low.

Google released nothing today and are only down 1.03%.

This shows that the market and investors have lost faith in Apple and Tim Cook and company aren't doing anything about it other than apologizing and saying "We've got great stuff coming this year". One Quarter if finished and Apple has nothing announced.

It shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

That is all.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
But the point is the stock market is up year or year, but APPL is down over 30%, so just comparing APPL being down with the Nasdaq is no consolation. The market is fearful that Apple's emerging market strategy has failed While Samsung and HTC seemed to be doing better. With a replacement cycle, a stock is then priced as a utility, but AAPL has a dividend yield of 2.5% so it does not cut like a utility either.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying but regardless the fact that the stock is down today is not an indictment on the T-Mobile launch.

----------

How is another 52 week low today not related to an Apple launch on a major US carrier? Apple's stock on a major new carrier should not be following the rest of the market on a day when BlackBerry is up over 1%.

Show me one report that says the T-Mobile launch of the iPhone has been disappointing? If anything the T-Mobile launch during a time period where Apple sees their least amount of iPhone sells is a positive.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

Currently down 2.28%

When has the market ever reflected reality in any shape or form?

You must be new here. :)

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying but regardless the fact that the stock is down today is not an indictment on the T-Mobile launch.

----------

Show me one report that says the T-Mobile launch of the iPhone has been disappointing? If anything the T-Mobile launch during a time period where Apple sees their least amount of iPhone sells is a positive.

I don't need a "Report". The NASDAQ as of last week was at all time highs and the NASDAQ, S&P & DOW all are at all time highs.

Apple is at "Another" 52 week low. I don't know how you can see this a positive in anyway.

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
AT&T's motto should be "fewer bars in more places"

Competition is good -- actually, it SHOULD BE good -- sometimes it seems like it doesn't make much difference.

And competition is good not only for carriers, but for manufacturers, too.

So right! If I amy add: LTE=Little Transmission Error

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I don't need a "Report". The NASDAQ as of last week was at all time highs and the NASDAQ, S&P & DOW all are at all time highs.

Apple is at "Another" 52 week low. I don't know how you can see this a positive in anyway.

So you have zero evidence that the T-Mobile iPhone launch has been seen as a failure despite nothing but positive reports. Ok, you must be correct then.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008

You're just framing the context to fit your argument. The stock market is not a lineair, causal indicator.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
You're just framing the context to fit your argument. The stock market is not a linear, causal indicator.

Nothing I quoted was an "Argument". It's all Fact. All US Markets are at all time highs and Apple is at another 52 week low.

Apple has done nothing to help investors fears and the stock continues to slide.

negrohero9

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
D[M]V
sprint has unlimited data too and i hear its SLOW
i'll take limited fast data over unlimited slow data any day

I disagree I'm in doors and get great speed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 77

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Satisfied so far with T-mobile's coverage here in Seattle, made a switch from AT&T and I'm happy with my savings.

On Friday I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. I don't know if I have a bad SIM card but my phone keeps dropping from 4G to Edge. Repeatedly.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I've had T-Mobile for a little over a year and started using it with an unlocked iPhone 4S. I learned to live without MMS, and Visual Voicemail. I only had very spotty 3G coverage in Portland and even that was only since December.

Ever since the carrier update, everything works now and I even get 4G which has been crazy fast. If I understand correctly, they don't have LTE in Portland yet so I'm guessing this 4G is actually "only" their HSPA+ service? If so, I can't WAIT for LTE to hit. The service is now perfect at a flexible price range I am happy to pay ($30 most months, $50 when I'm traveling more).

----------

Currently down 2.28%

The stock market pricing doesn't reflect how the company is performing. It reflects the collective speculation of how people think they will do in the future. It doesn't mean that it's "correct". The launch was objectively successful. It's just that the average of investor sentiment didn't feel like it would help with Apple's earnings. If the earnings exceed expectations, the share price trend will reverse because it will be realized that business is better than feared.

In Apple's case, the fear is proportionate to the degree to which it grew. It grew so big and so fast, the fear was equally big and the reaction to anything less than perfection became exaggerated. That's my opinion. But we'll have a better idea on Apr 23rd and the second half of 2013 when we see what products they release.

surma884

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
It's not terrible:

Remember they're converting all of their towers over to LTE this year - and ripping all their legacy stuff out. But how your experience goes depends on where you are.

+1. I've got LTE here, but not in all places. Progress has been good so far. I'm guessing by the end of 2013 they should have covered 90% of the city. I think right now they are at 50%. Sprint is doing good, as long as they can keep rolling out LTE and keeping it unlimited it should gain more customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.