Phones iPhone looks tiny next to this titan

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by EbookReader, Apr 12, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

2. decafjava, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013

macrumors 65816

decafjava

While I can see the value of the Galaxy SIII and IV size wise don't see the point of the Note let alone the Mega monstrosity. Might as well get a tablet. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 65816

The Galaxy Mega is outdated, the Samsung Galaxy Monstrosity (TM) is the best phone money can buy. And by best I mean biggest.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

And the point is? A 20" TV looks small next to a 50" doesn't make either of them worse or better then the other.

5. macrumors 65816

Bigger is better!!! Duh.

Nevermind smaller high quality products. I want a 20 foot tall phone with 60 watt light bulbs for pixels.

6. macrumors 68040

0dev

I like Samsung a lot but I'm disappointed they're following this ridiculous trend of making tablet sized phones. The Note II is pretty much the limit, it's just getting stupid now.

7. macrumors 68000

Oohara

I'm glad they're at least trying new things out. If they wouldn't be, then we wouldn't have had the Note II now.

I just got one myself after five years with iPhones and it's honestly a whole new world. I never though I'd have this much fun or be this productive with a phone. Most of the time I don't even bother to pull out the tablet now.

And the Note II slips down into the breast pocket of my jacket where I never thought it'd fit. The size thing is totally overblown, and it's very light too. I'm so happy I got over my Apple pride and tried this thing out.

So yeah, this new Mega phablet or whatever is probably going to be a bit too large. But so what if it fails? Maybe it turns out to be a huge hit, and how would anyone know without at least trying?

8. macrumors 603

The Game 161

At least Samsung gives you plenty of OPTIONS!! Which is all that matters

9. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Theres options, then theres lets throw every screen size on to the wall and see what sticks.

10. macrumors 6502a

Satori

I have to agree with this. There is a Samsung phone for everyone no matter what size head, hands and pockets that they have! :eek::D

11. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

I totally agree about the note 2. It is such a thin and light device that it really does not feel that big. Obviously it is a two handed device, but really anything 4.7"+ is.

12. macrumors 603

ChazUK

Something strange has me really iterested in the FonePad.

[​IMG]

I barely talk on my phone anyway so I may have to invest..

Huge phones, you either love them or hate..... :D

13. daveathall, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

macrumors 68000

daveathall

If you don't like it don't buy it. TBH, it's as easy as that. Cant really understand those that say there is no need, I'm sure that market research by the selling company has already been done and the conclusion must have been that it will sell. Those that want the device can buy it, those that don't, won't.

I won't be buying one, bit big for me but am happy for those with a need/desire to have the choice/option.

14. macrumors 6502

How about have the tablet phone but use a Bluetooth earpiece.

15. macrumors 68000

daveathall

Agreed, or just use it on speaker and just talk while holding it in front of oneself, like I have seen many do now. :)

16. macrumors 68000

roxxette

Well seems everything have stick from Samsung :)

17. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

I totally agree. I rarely am outside of my house on a phone call. When I drive I use my car Bluetooth, and when at home I use speaker phone. I answer maybe 1 or 2 calls when I am out doing something.

18. macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

And what's wrong with that?

I admit, the Note 2 is too big for MY tastes (I have one that I'll be selling for this very reason in the next week or so), but if it works for others, who cares?

By trying out various phones (I currently have the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and Note 2), I've been able to determine that my ideal screen size is right around 5". In the next couple of months, I'll sell my Note 2 and S3 and easily pay for the S4 with a couple of hundred bucks in my pocket to spare.

Options aren't a bad thing (as Apple would have you believe). It's time people stop worrying about how a phone makes them look or what other people like (and choose...there's that word again) to use.

19. macrumors 6502a

chagla

Note II is the perfect size for me. great for reading, browsing and videos. really good balance between phone/tablet. i personally wouldn't go for a bigger than N2. The new mega will find some customers though.

reading and browsing on a bigger screen is way better experience than doing the same on a smaller screen.

its like, once you go big, you never go back.

20. macrumors 6502a

There is a Samsung phone for everyone as long as you are willing to compromise, i.e. specs and features. Else there are exactly two phone sizes. I applaud them tho b/c I never thought the Note would take off. Not for me, but A+ for releasing it.

21. macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Marketing should be easy, cough up some commercials focusing on how masculine you'll be compared to those wimpy iPhone or smaller Android phone users 4phatprofitz.

(also, penis size)

22. macrumors 6502

23. macrumors regular

Soon you will be carrying around a laptop and holding that up to your head. This phone size fad is getting silly.

24. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Perhaps next Samsung will come out with a line of clothing with oversized pockets so your new Galaxy Mega 6.8" phablet will fit in pocket.

They can call them the Samsung S-Jeans and the the Samsung S-Shirt. Or maybe simply the Galaxy Pants.

"Bigger in the pocket, smaller in the crotch, for those who compensate."

25. macrumors 65816

fr4c

For some reason, the UFO pants from the 90's comes to mind.