Iphone mail suddenly is not working, ""Cannot Get Mail"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by preguntonontrac, Sep 7, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Suddenly my iphone is not receiving emails, is saying "connection to the server imap.gmail.com failed.

any help?

2. macrumors regular

Kidman13

There can be a number of reasons for this. First of all, check if you have an internet connection (pretty obvious but worth stating). Check your WIFI and 3G/EDGE/GPRS settings. If you're on 3G/EDGE/GPRS try doing a network settings reset, which usually fixes the problems.

Also sometimes the imap.gmail servers simply timeout for a while (happens occasionally). They usually start working soon after that...

3. macrumors 68000

Blueline29

FWIW, I've powered off and then back on when I get that error while connecting to Yahoo mail; it's always been able to connect fine after that.

4. macrumors 603

I have had terrible trouble connecting to my IMAP GMail on both my iPhone and MacBook Pro the last few days. I've had to use the web login since it's current not working on either system.

5. macrumors 65816

Funny since IMAP is all that has worked for me during their 2 recent webmail outages.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks to all, it was resolved same day after an hour automatically.