Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_5_black_white-150x170.jpg
Over the weekend, AllThingsD reported that Apple will hold an iPhone-focused media event on September 10, introducing its next-generation iPhone 5S and perhaps a lower-cost "iPhone 5C".

AllThingsD has an excellent track record with such reports, suggesting that the event will indeed take place on that date, but in case there was any doubt, The Loop's Jim Dalrymple is now confirming the report with a simple "Yep" post.

Dalrymple is well connected at Apple and has on many occasions either confirmed or refuted other reports and rumors in simple one-word posts with 100% accuracy. Such reports are generally taken as coming directly from Apple but delivered through an unofficial channel.

Official media invitations for the introduction should appear roughly a week before the event.

Article Link: iPhone Media Event All But Confirmed for September 10

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
I'm really curious to see the differences between the iPhone 5S and the mid-range iPhone.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I kinda wish my iPhone 5 would magically break so I would have a reason to get the 5S; I'm jonesing for the better camera & speed boost.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Im calling it here:

It will have a pointless processor upgrade. The phone is already fast enough.
Dual LED - for those who care (could be ok)
12 MP Camera
Some proprietary hardware sensor that only the 5S will have (Finger print?)
Same screen, but they will boast that is has a higher contrast ratio "more colors".

Thats about it. Slight upgrade from the 5 realistically, and next year will be a larger phone.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Curious what else will be unveiled or released at this event.

-iPhone 5C
-iPhone 5S
-new rMBPs
-iOS 7

Then we have an Oct/Nov event with:

-new retina iPad mini
-new iPad
-iPods?
-Mac Pro
-OS X Mavericks

donileo

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2009
Going by last year. If we expect GM (GoldMaster) on Sept 10 which is the iPhone release date. Give it another 7 days and you got Sept 17 as iOS 7 Public Release.

scbn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
Yep. That's what I wanted to hear.

I guess this is a direct response from Apple to the rumor regarding Apple board's concerns with regard to the pace of innovations. Expect big surprises at the event.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.