iPhone Mockup - What do you think?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rainmanbk, Sep 29, 2006.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

What do you guys think? The keypad would be different; I hate the RAZR's keypad, the only reason I used it was because I could find it and 'shop it easy.

[​IMG]

I think the phone with the sliding lower section would be a good way to hide the lesser beauty of the keypad, not that I don't have faith that Apple can make it look nice, but it may be something that is just too cluttered for the eyes.

Any feedback is great, even 'shop related.

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It makes more sense to have the camera on the back, rather than on the front, as you could use the screen as the view, and use it like a real camera. Unless that is just secondary camera that the newer phones have.

Overall i like the other candy bar style mock up a bit better, but thats just personal preference. I'd sure be willing to buy this.

3. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

but this way it might allow video confrencing (kinda cool)

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

And if you add a white LED, you could send photos of your ear wax to your friends :D

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Wow, somebody honestly stating they make a fake iPhone. Usually, we have to go through 2 or 3 pages of debate on its legitimacy, and then the OP spills the beans and tells us it's a fake, followed by a page or so of people who continue to debate because they failed to see the post saying it was fake. Good job, rainmanbk. ;)

6. Silentwave macrumors 68000

I'd buy it for sure. Even with the razr style keypad, which is far from my favorite.

7. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Whoa that looks so legit. Everything looks perfect except that built-in camera that must be in the back.

8. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I really like this design a lot. It's very simple and elegant. Nice job! :)

9. needthephone macrumors 6502a

looks good, I like the way you can hide the nasty phone bit

10. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Personally i like it but Apple wont make it. They have tried to avoid moving parts and i think that the slider wheel would be too much for them but i would buy in an instant if it had BT and a decent OS.

11. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

Wow, these responses are nothing like what I expected. Thanks.

As for the camera... It is supposed to be for video chats. I guess there could be another on the back? Or if could just be moved to the back all together if video chat wasn't something that was going to happen. That would only make the total size smaller. ;)

Yeah, I know there is no 'concrete evidence' aside from speculation and that time we heard Steve Jobs' had been 'bragging' about this new cell phone he'd been working on. Either way, it was fun to make, and even more fun to imagine real.

Thanks again!

Any more thoughts, comments?

12. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Excellent work but there is one thing I absolutely hate about it. That damn crappy metallic logo. Apple should of dropped it ages ago. Maybe you could turn that into a light (like on back of MB) for vid conf in dark rooms?

13. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

HAHA, that is so funny, because that is the only thing I wasn't sure about, and before the chrome one, I had one that was just basically the same color as the keypad outline. Like it would be lit along with the keys. I'll put it back in the next version. ;)

Oh, I'm working on a backside, btw. :D

14. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

Revision 2
    -Moved iSight to back
    -Moved screen/split up
    -Added pill speaker

Tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

15. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I really like revision 2, but the iSight camera looks a little off center.

16. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

Touche... Or maybe it's the Apple?

17. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

You should, just for fun, try and work on the screen icons. Just a suggestion, i would like to see what it would look like.

I think the Airport signal would be what Apple might use for the signal symbol. Just an idea.
    This signal was just something quick i did to show you what i was talking about. I wasn't sure how the Symbol for Airport looked before, i thought it was Orange before, but then i thought it wouldn't go with the Green in the GUI on the iPhone.

Otherwise, i love what you have come up with thus far.

Attached Files:

18. meanpeoplesuck macrumors member

That looks great! I'd buy one :p

What program did you use to make that?

19. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Really like revision 2. I still like the one posted on MacRumors better, but this is still very good.

20. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

@Sweetfeld28 - I will definitely tackle a UI next.

@Zwhaler - As for the other mock on Macrumors, I prefer the aluminum look over the shiny.

@meanpeoplesuck - I used Photoshop CS2, and found the images online.

This is fun! Keep the critiques coming... I'll work on the UI and hopefully get an updated one on by tonight.

21. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i like it. the UI need some improvement - where are all the symbols that are usually at the top of a cell phone? (like network, signal strength, voicemail, etc.)

how about different colors?

22. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

You are demanding! I simply did a hardware mock (maybe I should have put that in the title) ;)

But no, I am actually making up a UI and should have it up sometime tonight, so don't push this thread aside just yet. :)

I'll explain how I think it will work when I put the next picture up.

23. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

Ok, as I promised...

[​IMG]

Now I have to say a few things. First off, I've never really done any sort of interface like this, so go easy on me. Secondly, there is some possible explanation needed for what is going on?
    The first phone is showing the normal interface you'd see while listening to a song.
    The second phone is showing what happens when you're listening to music and you get a call. The icons and text on the screen dim, except for the date/time and menu bar, and the person calling (or number if it's not in your address book) appears and below is a picture (again, if available) The iTunes play symbol has also changed to a paused symbol, to indicate that you're not listening to music because there's a call. I'm guess you'd either open the phone, or simply press the center click wheel button to answer the call. Those things would obviously be worked out.
    Lastly, the phone on the right is just a display of how entering numbers would look. Again, things like address book entries would all be accessed through pressing menu, where an almost identical iPod layout would appear, but instead of only having Music, Settings, etc., it would also have things related to the Phone like Address Book, Camera, you get the idea.

Feedback is welcome, as always. I also have more ideas that I hope to work on in the next few days. Thanks!

24. Silentwave macrumors 68000

hehe....love the UI...especially the person calling :rolleyes: