iPhone multi touch good ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tangerine, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Tangerine macrumors regular

Tangerine

Am I the only one who think the iPhone multi touch is not such a good ideas? This will cause finger print and smudges on the screen everywhere. What about for the lady who have long fingernail? Wouldn't it be like touching an LCD screen? What about watching movies on it? You will see finger print everywhere. And I can see it already required a lot of times and effort to keep it clean. Also, it look like it could be scratch easily like the iPod. This thing cost $499 and it going to get scratch and dirty really quick. And what is with the patented stuff? On screen touch is nothing new. They can't be greedy and patented since it's not new technology?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

touch is a big area with dozens of technologies in it. Maybe Apple created a new way of sensing touch.

Apple spent ages working on a surface that doesn't get smudges easily, and i've heard its worked really well.

Wait until you try it before making comments on how it feels :)

3. Tangerine thread starter macrumors regular

Tangerine

I watch Steve Keynote, and he touch it very softly like he doesn't want to scratch it or get finger print and smudges on it. Also he was very careful everytime I see him demonstrates the iPhone. I notice the demo he use have a plastic cover it that has not been remove yet.:rolleyes:

Hmm..I think I wait to see if it scratch resistant and smudges proof before investing a $500 on a phone. I don't want the same thing to happen to my iPod.

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

it is, after all, a demonstration model. The iPhone you saw him with there is probably going to be different to the iPhone you hold in your hand in 5 months time.

5. DA-Steve macrumors regular

i use a imate pda2k smudges and finger prints are pretty much invisable when the lcd is on, its only when its off that they become obvious.. a quick wipe and they're gone..

and as for the scratches, give it a week and there will be 1000's of cases and screen protectors on the market..

6. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Is it that hard to buy a few tissues? I've seen small packets of 20-30 tissues for almost nothing. Very portable as well. They work if you're that worried about fingerprints