iPhone MUSTS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pooldraft, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Pooldraft macrumors member

Here please tell us all what you feel are feature that the iPhone needs to have to be a viable cell phone competitor. Especially at the massive price tag.

1. 3G support or better
    2. Full syncing funtion, itunes, ical, adressbook, bookmarks, other apps too(financial app)
    X. WiFi a/b/g/n i don't care just something X -something about a keynote speech Ha
    4. video phone function, via ichat
    5. Attachment support (download and edit)
    6. Open to 3rd party apps
    7. VOIP (atleast allow other apps to do)
    8. Streaming video/audio (internet radio as well)
    9. Podcast updates on the fly
    10. RSS reader(safari is ok but can the mobile version do this, Vienna is nice)
    11. a sycning financial app, so I could input my spending on the fly.
    12. torrent support for Democracy TV
    13. a pimped version of sherlock(man this app has potential)

Well I got to hit the hay this is all I can think of now. Please add more or tell me I am wrong I love when people tell others that their opinion is wrong :D .

I may be dreaming with this list but oh well I have had enough with wires need some wireless love. Also those RIM devices are looking mighty fine these days.

and to Apple, you can at times make great products, please don't let the function side of the scale hit the ground while the form side reaches for the sky. Enjoy some of your work but you can do better really no one needs that much profit. DO BETTER PLEASE:D

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I don't think 802.11a is NEEDED, but 3G should be in there, as well as 3rd party app support. Sherlock mobile would be a nice addition:D

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

For the price, it better have wifi! No way am I spending all that money on a machine which I then ALWAYS have to pay to use to access the internet!

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

...Did you watch the keynote with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears, Pooldraft? WiFi was one of the primary abilities touted, as is syncing of contacts/calendars/songs/bookmarks, all from iTunes. And the WiFi is listed in the specs on the page for the iPhone, and has been since the page went up. I mean honestly, how oblivious can you be? :rolleyes:

7. Pooldraft thread starter macrumors member

Yes!

I did watch the not so great keynote speech by your god the one you call Jobs. Faintly remember the Wifi not so much on the syncing, but thanks for the correction.

I love being wrong, being the pessimist that I am it means the world is a better place.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Honestly,I iPhone rocks. 3G would make it cost more, and I'm not sure its supported near me, hopefully the one for Europe will have it.

All it needs is a good unlimited date plan. Text, Pic and Internet for 30 bucks a month. And iWork '07 should ship with Pages for iPhone also.

9. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

It really needs to include both wi-fi and GPS. I'd also love to see it with some sort of on the go word processor, but who knows right?

10. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Not so great speech? Ya get the **** outa here.

11. Pooldraft thread starter macrumors member

Come on admit it there could have been some more content on ohhh i don't know 10.5. Apple does have other products coming out this year.

-ya there was some :apple: TV stuff but man I expected more.

JMO;)

12. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I want 3G, full syncing, and GPS. Those are my must-have-hopes.

oh, and there def. won't be video conference. didn't you take a look at where the camera is located? they'd have to redesign the whole thing - yah right!

13. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I was there live and the speech IMO was absolutely incredible. Although he could of talked about other stuff, he wanted to make one BIG splash and not let the other stuff get in the way or get lost in the mix. You don't show all your cards at the start.

14. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I loved the keynote but SJ came off a bit like Ron Popeil to me - "It's a Phone, an iPod, and internet device - NOW how much would you pay? Don't answer yet, it's also a pocket fisherman!"

15. Pooldraft thread starter macrumors member

HAHAHA iGenie rub it for three iWishes

16. neven macrumors 6502a

Sometimes I pretend that people who write like this are doing so while hitting the crack pipe liberally, because the alternative - that they are indeed such dolts - is depressing.

Anyway, if you somehow missed Wi-Fi in Steve's keynote, you're the last person on earth to be making judgments about his presentation skills. The keynote has been called "legendary" by Fortune magazine.

By the way, "torrent support for Democracy"? Sherlock is an app with great potential? No... it MUST be the crack pipe.

17. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

how about being able to use it as a modem with your laptop?

I can do this with my BlackBerry and MacBook, but only in Windows.

This can come in handy if you go somewhere (like STARBUCKS :mad: ) that doesn't have free wifi.

18. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

My list:

Syncing of text messages
    Recording sound and playback (with accessory perhaps)
    Remote control for iTV and FrontRow (through ir, or wifi?)
    A damn good warranty that will give you a new iPhone if screen is damaged (it looks scarily fragile)
    All network coverage in UK

Easy peasy!

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

20. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

They wanted to focus on one product and they definately suceeded

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Lose the Suckgular contract and sell it unlocked. That's the only way some of us would ever consider buying an iPhone.

22. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I think to be a real business Smart Phone it would need to have a version of word or maybe a program like DocumentsToGo for palm.

I think the one feature that would set it apart from other phones is a video camera on the front so you can make video phone calls, I know it would suck without 3G but would still be cool.

23. cube macrumors G4

1. Unlocked, unbranded, no contract
    2. Removable battery
    3. A2DP
    4. 3.5G
    5. DVB-H

24. jeffreyfort macrumors member

iPhone MUSTS!

voice recognition & dialing. can you imagine trying the make a call with that touch screen while driving without it. stuck with my Treo until iPhone has voice dialing.