iPhone not going into sleep mode automatically anymore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kathrynkochunky, Mar 8, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2011
    Hi all,

Not sure what it's called exactly, but my iPhone usually goes dark after a few minutes of not using it. This has stopped happening AND the battery is draining super fast. I have theorized that the battery is draining so fast because it is staying bright and "on" when usually it would automatically go into some sort of sleep mode. I looked in settings but didn't see anything related. Ideas??

2. macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    go to Setting/General/Auto-Lock and see what you have set in there. It has options from 1 minute to never. Yours might be at "never" so, set it to 1 minute.
  3. macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2015
    Really its now 2015 with iOS 8. with no solution

Guess I'll have to open a new thread because I just upgraded from old 4 to an iPhone 5s with exact same problem description. The auto lock i minute setting is not causing sleep from icon window. It does sleep after I press the power button and will auto sleep from the locked screen. So I guess we need to manually make 5s go to sleep. Great:eek: