iPhone not recognized by iTunes after recovery.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eltanin-Antenna, Jun 25, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2010
    I accidentally splashed water on my iPhone 3G, and in a panic I dried it carefully and put it in recovery mode to restore from a backup. The iPhone recovered fine and restored iOS 4.0 - however, when connecting to iTunes to restore from a backup, I get two errors: "We're experiencing a problem activating your iPhone" if from my usual account, or "Your iPhone is not recognized" if I try from a fresh account.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the SIM card several times, in case it wasn't set properly, but I don't think this is the issue, as the iPhone can tell the difference when the SIM isn't there.

Is it possible that the SIM itself has been damaged? Is there anything else I could try? I have a long trip ahead of me, and the notion of not having my iPhone is... disquieting to say the least. All help is welcome.
  2. macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2008
    I'm having the same problem. I updated my 3G to OS 4 and then did a recovery. After the recovery, the phone is not recognized by iTunes. I restarted the phone, the iMac, I even reinstalled iTunes, still doesn't work. I get the "uknown error" message.