iPhone Now at Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 29, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

After being down for nearly 3 hours, Apple's online store is back up and features the iPhone for sale.

4GB $499: Shipping in 2-4 weeks
    8GB $599: Shipping in 2-4 weeks

Apple also published an official guide of accessories for the iPhone. The $129 Bluetooth Headset was not yet available at retail locations. The iPhone also went on sale tonight at 6pm at retail stores across the country to (reportedly) sell out crowds at many locations.

Iniitial impressions are being posted to our forum, but some users have been having activation issues.

2. macrumors 603

SkyBell

Sweet, time to check it out!:)

3. macrumors 6502a

And us Canadians got a Saskatchewan recycling program. AWESOME!

4. macrumors 603

aswitcher

2-4 weeks. I can see more ques as stock runs out and then is replaced.

5. macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

A relatively uninteresting store update, after all this mess :D

6. macrumors member

AppleCare

Finally an answer to my question:

AppleCare Protection Plan
    For $69, the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone provides an additional year of hardware repair coverage, including coverage for the iPhone battery.
    The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone will be available in July. Customers can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime during the iPhone one-year limited warranty.

--from apple.com under the warranty tab for iphone

7. macrumors regular

Digitaljim

This is reassuring; 1st gen hardware and all.

8. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Here is an issue that I don't think many have thought about. If the iPhone doesn't have a user replaceable battery does that mean you have to send the phone back to Apple for a new battery? I guess you will be without a phone for a few days, unless you have a landline. If all you have is a cellphone that would really suck.

9. macrumors 68030

bytethese

yeah, it was a scene where I bought mine. I am told NY's SoHo Apple store has plenty however. A little tough to type this on my iphone. :)

10. macrumors newbie

Down??

When was the apple website down for 3 hours??? But, anyways, this is great!! (Exept for all those who bought an iphone and put it right on ebay. That won't be working too well at this point.)

Though I did see some bids on one for $900 on ebay. WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING. Did they not know that apple.com would be selling them:confused:

11. macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

If this is of any interest, I called Apple to ask for clarification on the 2-4 weeks because it was too bad to be true, and I was told that on July 4th, notifications will be sent out to all online buyers telling them the day they will get their iphone. It could be a few days after the fourth, or a few months, depending on when you ordered.

What's going through my head...

IM PISSED RIGHT NOW!!! 2-4 WEEKS!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! HOW CAN APPLE ALLOW THIS! WE'VE OVER HALF A YEAR FOR TODAY, NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH!!! COME ON CUPPERTINO!

12. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Well it's past 9... so isn't apple.com/retail supposed to be updated?
    It says that all Apple stores have iPhones in stock... AND it says tomorrow's date of July 30th.
    Hmm

13. macrumors newbie

I have the same feeling as well!!
    2-4 WEEKS!!!!
    but after hearing what you said about the notification thing now im even more pissed!!:mad:

14. macrumors 68020

Now you know why people were waiting in line 24hrs plus. And so many people were critizing them earlier today :confused:

15. macrumors 6502a

slackpacker

Hi all I'm sending this from my iPhone

The keyboard rocks no issues at all

Regards
    SP

16. macrumors 6502

It has been discussed extensively.

Even discussed the cost of loaner service phones.

17. macrumors 6502a

Clearly ;)

18. macrumors 68020

It's a non-issue! The battery will last for a few years. By that time you will be using iPhone G2 or G3. Get over it. Realistically how long does one use the same phone?

19. macrumors 68020

Thanks! I am picking up one tomorrow. Well I hope so. I hear their aren't many left. Go :apple:

20. macrumors regular

bluetooth headset ship from my online order on jul 30

iphone still says 2-4 weeks

21. macrumors member

bluefire75

just ordered mine...

2 - 4 weeks. I honestly don't mind the wait. Kudos to those who got there's today!!!

22. macrumors member

bluefire75

just ordered mine...

2 - 4 weeks. I honestly don't mind the wait. Kudos to those who got there's today!!!

23. macrumors 6502

Konradx

I think people should stop whining. Try getting a Wii..the iPhone would probably be easier.

24. macrumors newbie

25. macrumors newbie

Count me in...

I am writing from an iPhone, as well. Not sure how many they ended up selling at the AT&T store I went to (Brunswick, ME), but the demand was impressive. All told, I think about thirty to fourty people showed up by 6pm. The crowd was told there wouldn't be enough to go around, but no specifics. Most people - myself included - picked up the 8GB model, but I did see a 4GB model sell as I was leaving.

It took me longer to get 10.4.10 installed than to get the phone activated. Though activation timed out my first time through, I got an email with a link to finish the process. It may have been a bit easier for me since I'm an existing AT&T customer, but hey, so it goes.