iPhone on its way out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Mar 18, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

With all the new and inventive phones coming out do you think apple will be able to keep up? How many more years of the iPhone do we have ahead of us. I can't imagine not having the choice between android and apple.

2. macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

Really? Another of these threads! There are already hundreds of the exact same threads available for you to coat-tail on. Many with new and improved voting/polling... :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

no no no... far from it.

4. macrumors 65832

SR45

These "Do You Think Apple" questions are coming here way too often. How the heck does anyone know the answers to these, do you think questions ? Give it a break, and no, Apple and iphone will live on for ever.....I think :D

5. macrumors 6502

While Android may have some great offerings and some really cool features, iPhone has is a really solid experience and a phone with features that just work and work really well and that can never be replaced by any means.

6. macrumors 65816

nefan65

No...

But this question, and others like it should be on their way out...

How much is Samsung paying you OP?

7. macrumors 68040

I don't see a ton of innovation in other smartphone platforms either. Despite the hype, the biggest features of the Galaxy S4 is the big screen and the fact that the device pauses a video if you look away. BB10 has some cool swiping gestures, but nothing game changing. The market has matured.

8. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Really?...Really??. Do u honestly believe what u are asking?

9. macrumors 65816

decafjava

No [/thread]

10. macrumors member

Axne1

I agree. Apple has made a great device, with the features "they" wanted to focus on. Look people no company will reinvent the wheel :)

11. macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

They must make rule about this threads ... :confused: :D

12. macrumors 68040

iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are the top selling smartphones on the market right now. I'd say its not on its way out.

Also I don't see anything really innovative that the competition has offered unless you're one who believes a larger screen = innovation.

13. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There is no way that Apple is going to pull out of the smartphone market.

14. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

The iPhone will improve on its self, not on what others are doing. If people can't accept that then thats on them.

15. macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Hey, fellow iOS fans!!!!

Stop defending the staleness of the iPhone. We're starting to look like Crackberry forums back in 2009!!

The iPhone is stale man. Lets own up to it and demand something better vs defending it and allowing Apple die a slow death.

16. macrumors 68020

The question you should ask is if Samsung is on its way out of the android market as Google keeps improving the Nexus line at a much lower cost. Perhaps that is why Samsung is betting its hope on the Tizen os.

17. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Why isn't this in wasteland?

18. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Why didn't you write this at the beginning of what you wrote so i wouldn't have to have bothered reading the whole comment.

19. macrumors 68000

No i dont see Apple on its way out, far from it....although iOS 7 needss to be a hit for iPhone to stay around

20. macrumors 6502a

Yep. I heard the iPhone 5 is the last iPhone ever. Get one while you can.

21. macrumors 68040

What a ridiculous thread. Why would it be on its way out? Where are the signs that you see that makes you think like this.

22. macrumors 601

Yup, the end of an era, so sad. I shall frame my last iPhone for the historians.

Mr. Kwon, is that you?

23. macrumors 601

iPhone has been behind in terms of raw features for a number of years now.

If Apple stood to lose customers due to having fewer features it would have happened long ago.

People like how iOS works. I don't think there's any real risk of Apple losing a significant amount of customers.

24. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Or, you could just switch to the platform that you feel is eating Apple's lunch, since clearly they have something better in your opinion.

25. macrumors 601

I used the 1st iPhone and I now have the iPhone 5 (the 6th iPhone). If I had had every single iPhone I'm sure I would find it stale, just like I found Android stale after using five generations of it.

Not everyone is in the same position as you; some of us actually don't find it stale!