Phones iPhone owner, no NFC

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Ezra923, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Give me some examples on how you use nfc thanks!

2. Guest

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I know that wich is why im asking for examples from people who do have nfc in the alternatives forum lol

4. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I just bought some. I have one next to my bed which sets a few alarms + turns on wifi + turns off notifications + raises call volume to max + raises alarm volume to max.

I have another that's on my keychain that turns off wifi for when I go out + turns on vibration + sound.

I might put one on my bike somehow so that it turns on bluetooth to connect to my earphones.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

6. macrumors 6502

Esoom

I have a Nexus 7, and the battery life has been a problem, just looked at the use data, and the NFC pulled 38%, more than Android system.

Have never used it, just turned it off.

7. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My friends and I use Windows Phone, there's an app that lets us share magic the gathering decks with NFC. Bump, share, done!

8. macrumors 601

That's very strange.

NFC only transmits while the screen is on and the device unlocked, and the working distance is about 2cm, so it shouldn't use much power at all. :confused:

9. macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

late night at maccy Ds when your wallet is empty!

10. macrumors 6502

Esoom

I was surprised to see it as well.

Just updated the OS again, will tun it on again see if it continues.

11. macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

I use it at various fast food and retail chains around here. I work at two Hospitals and they all have vending machines that have NFC enabled credit card readers. Always makes people go oohh and ahh and ask questions when I do it. To the point where it is faster to use my CC with everyone stopping me and asking me what I am doing! :p I also have a couple of NFC tags at home, office and in my car. For example my car's NFC toggles Bluetooth and Pandora. Lastly my GF has a Galaxy S3 so we are always sending websites, apps and pictures to each other.

12. macrumors 68000

daveathall

13. thread starter macrumors regular