iPhone Purchasers: Austin, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by semperfimarine2, Jun 25, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

i see no threads of people meeting in austin texas? is no one buying an iPhone in austin? if so........great. better chance for me:D

2. macrumors 68000

I am, but haven't decided where to go yet. I'm thinking I'll avoid the Apple store.

3. macrumors regular

dagger55

I moving there in 6 weeks!!!

If I was already there, i would probably go to the Apple Store at that new shopping mall...

4. thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

me too, considering we only have two here. but i dont know which cingular (att) store to go to. i was just thinking of going to one that has the white iPhone poster up, thinking they are getting them. cause i dont know the difference in stores.:confused:

5. macrumors 68020

ham_man

All the richies will be at the Apple Store in Barton Creek and all the yuppies will be at the one in The Domain. AT&T Store would definately be your best bet...

6. thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

i heard that the phone will only be sold at certain att stores. how do you tell the difference?

7. macrumors member

i think there are probably more people in austin than are replying. i read another post several days ago but did not want to register to respond. it would be great if this forum allowed guests to respond to a few posts before registering. i am sure we would see a lot more postings of austin people planning to stand in line.

i was planning on lining up at the domain, but after checking the forecast, it looks like thunderstorms all week and i'd rather wait indoors than face the possibility of rain. i am not sure if i will go to barton creek or an AT&T store near my house.

8. macrumors newbie

ATT Store locator

The corporate stores will have them, as you probably already know. When you do a search on AT&Ts wireless website, any store that says "CINGULAR WIRELESS" is a corporate store and should have them (as opposed to the stores that say "Cingular Wireless - Authorized Retailer")

I know the store near the Gateway shopping center will have them. I have about 5 written down that I can go to incase either one is too crowded.

oh yes....it will be mine....

9. macrumors regular

I don't have any plans to buy an iPhone, because I refuse to use AT&T. However, if there's going to be a hang-out of macrumors members in Austin, sign me up.

It would be good to have a weekly or twice-monthly hang-out at The Green Muse on Oltorf/1st Street - good because it's a mac hangout AND has free wifi AND has great coffee.

10. macrumors newbie

I will be in line somewhere....

Don't know where yet. What do you think? Apple store or AT&T?

11. thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

i will be at one of the att stores. there are only 2 apple stores, so im not risking it

12. macrumors newbie

Austin iPhone

I am buying two if I am so lucky this Friday in Austin! I am going the AT&T store route rater than my favorite Apple store at the Barton Springs Mall.

13. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I'll be in austin until Friday for my UT orientation, but I'm not sure if I'll stick around for the iPhone launch. I don't know my way around Austin very well, so I might drive up to Dallas to go to the Knox St. store. I'm sill debating...

14. macrumors newbie

Here's what I'm thinking...thoughts?

While I too believe that there will be more people at the Apple stores, I also am pretty sure there will be more phone at each Apple store than at each AT&T store.

I'm thinking about getting to the Apple Store around 2:00 along with a rolling cooler containing water and perhaps a bottle or two of wine. I figure I will meet some others in line and we can take turns alternately staying in line and walking around the mall.

Anyone interested in being part of this?

15. macrumors newbie

Not buying it

I don't like Barton Creek, and I haven't been to the Domain, so I guess I will go there. I don't plan to buy the phone, but I want to play with it.

I have a RAZR, which was free from ATT, and I don't own an iPod, so I don't really need the iPhone, but maybe when I see it "techno lust" will get the better of me, and so will the credit card company, ATT and Apple.

16. macrumors member

is it ok to drink wine in line?

17. macrumors regular

leftfoot

I wish I could be there, but I can't buy an iPhone.

2 year contract ftl :mad:

18. macrumors regular

leftfoot

The main store will most likely have them.

I know the AT&T store over by Mopac&Lamar will have it (by the best buy).

I think one store in Oak Hill will have it, I think it's the one on William Cannon, by the Golds Gym.

19. macrumors 6502

Awesome idea. I live literally two minutes from there.

20. macrumors newbie

Since nobody else has showed interest, I think I'll be at Barton Creek. They say they won't allow a line because of the Mall's restrictions, but we'll see how that goes. ;)

Anybody know how it works online? Available 6:00pm Pacific time? Eastern?

21. macrumors 68000

Yeah, that's real smart :) They'd rather just have several hundred people milling around right outside and then all try to rush in at 6.

It's 6pm pacific time online I am pretty sure.

22. macrumors member

I will be waiting in line, just don't know which location to go to. I may go to the domain if the mall doesn't allow you to wait in line.

23. macrumors newbie

I'll probably take off from work half a day after lunch time, grab some grub and wait at the AT&T Airport Drive location. I'm kinda hoping I'm not the first one there, but I kinda am. As long as there isn't a line of 20 people, I think I'll be good. It looks like rain, so I'll be bringing the umbrella.
    Anyone else gonna be there?

crap...I just realized that's the Mall. Screw that. I guess I might have to hit up the Lamar location, or one on I-35.

24. macrumors newbie

My girlfriend and Me might camp overnight at the AT&T store over by Mopac if there are people there. If not, first thing 6-8 am in the morning. I got the day off.

25. macrumors newbie

I suspect Austin will have plenty of phones. I think the town is full of corporate Crackberry users and college kids with no money. I guess we'll see. As a stockholder, I hope I am totally wrong and people mob and beat each other to get one.