iPhone Purchasers: Bay Area, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by DVNIEL, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Contributor

DVNIEL

Everyone is asking where people are going in their respective cities, so I'm wondering where are the people from the Bay Area going to wait? I have my little corporate Cingular shop near my house, its not really well known cause the shop is hidden behind a chinese restaurant and its hard to see.

Maybe if you mention it we'll meet there

2. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

Well, I live in San Francisco so I will be sending my girlfriend to stand in line at the Apple store, and I will be heading down Market to stand at the AT&T / Cingular store.

3. thread starter Contributor

DVNIEL

Wow... I guess not many from the Bay Area are interested. I'm sure us in the Bay Area will be okay, most cities in a 15-minute span have either 2 or 3 corporate AT&Ts, or an Apple Store

Wish I was going to the SF one toaster, cause I'd take you out for a beer after you cough up that $750 deposit=(

4. macrumors regular

I live in SF too, but I work down on the pinisuala. I'll likely go to either the SF Apple Store or maybe to the one in Palo Alto.

How early you heading down to the store?

Josh

5. thread starter Contributor

DVNIEL

Going to the store near my house a little after 10pm the night before to scope out the lines, then sleep park right in front under a tree and sleep in my car=)

6. macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Im still deciding which bay area store to attend. east bay here.

7. thread starter Contributor

DVNIEL

Finally some Northern CA people showing up. We have quite a few AT&Ts here in the East Bay, how do you think the lines will look?

8. macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

hopefully empty. i want one.

9. macrumors regular

the main Apple store on market will probably have the most in stock. there are a bunch of att stores in the area, as well as apple stores in burlingame, stonestown, and emeryville, but i can't imagine them having nearly as much as the flagship sf store.

and hey, if you choose to spend the night there, im sure the bums will keep you company

10. macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

11. thread starter Contributor

DVNIEL

How do you wanna do that?

iHerzeleid: I'm actually going to the one in Fremont, care to join? We can rotate bathroom and meal breaks, PM if interested

12. macrumors newbie

13. macrumors 6502

I live in Sac right now but I'm from the Bay. There are so many AT&T/Cingular stores around the Bay that I don't think it'll be too hard to find one. Not to mention the numerous Apple stores around the area.

I was actually at the Stanford Shopping Center one a couple of days ago and they still don't have any iPhone related adverts yet... crazy.

14. macrumors regular

I'm just gonna go to the AT&T store 2 minutes away from my house at 6 PM. I don't think I wanna wait in lines anymore. I went through that w/ the Wii already.

15. macrumors regular

I thought they were only going to be at select AT&T company stores. Aren't you guys taking a risk by sleeping overnight at a store that might not have the phones?

16. macrumors member

Fresno Peeps

Although not really in the bay area, it's close enough I guess.

Any Fresno/Clovis, CA peeps going to be waiting and where? I'm not sure if I'll be waiting at the Clovis Corp Store or the Fresno one.

The Apple store maybe a little crazy but I wouldnt mind waiting in side the mall instead of being in the HOT Valley Heat :(

17. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I think the line at the SF apple store is going to be INSANE. Personally, I'm going with a ATT "Select" store. Either that or Palo Alto apple store...

18. macrumors 68000

Silencio

I think I'll casually check out the line, if any, in front of the AT&T Store up the street from me. I wasn't planning on getting an iPhone right away, but there could be some potential for an impulse purchase...

19. macrumors member

Danny Mac

Hello, I'm new to these forums, but have been checking things out for awhile.

I work in Dublin so I figured I'd cruise over to Stoneridge Mall after work at 5, and hang out until 6pm. If people are going to be waiting in line as soon as the mall opens that morning though, what are the chances I'm going to be able to stroll up and buy one? True, in the Bay Area we have tons of options, but if people are going to be staking out and such, that kind of kills it for all the rest of us who have to work for a living, at least on Friday.

I've wanted an iPhone since I first heard about it, but wasn't really compelled to get one until my Smartphone took a dive and Cingular wanted $300 to replace it. If I sell my iPod, I can get iPhone for cheaper then it would have costed me to replace my not so Smartphone. Sounds like a deal to me, but I still just need a phone! If I can't get an iPhone at launch, I have to spend money on something lesser, until I can get one.

One little note about the rumors of ATT stores closing, then re-opening for launch and staying open possibly until 12am. If you were only going to be able to sell 15-30 iPhones and given the hype surrounding the product, why would you have to stay open so late? I hope because they're planning on moving a lot more stock then people think they have available.

20. macrumors member

Danny Mac

Another thought...

One way to gauge what's going on with iPhone the day of the release without having to wait by a store is just to follow the news throughout the workday. If people are lining up for iPhone, the news is going to cover it and what (if anything) is being done to ensure the 6pm playing field is level (i.e. not allowing people to camp out or start lines hours before the product is unveiled.

That and we'll have a 3 hour head-start being on the West Coast, should be able to get details about the launch from back east well before our own local launch.

21. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

hehehe, well let me know if you are gonna be in the area :D

22. macrumors regular

I'm suprised people are still talking about camping out by their favorite store, since they annouced they'll go on sale at 6pm.

I'm thinking I'll check out the line around lunchtime, if it's already getting long, maybe I'll get in and spend the afternoon there.

But from the sounds of things I feel like I could show up at the SF market st Apple store at 6pm, and still get my iPhone before they close.

Josh

23. macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

I may peruse over to Valley Fair around lunch time to get a chuckle out of the line.. :)

24. macrumors regular

25. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

why on earth would you do that? to "chuckle" at the line?
    WHAT?

"Oh, I think I'll just over to the mall and chuckle at a line of people"

Maybe you should WAIT in that line :p :p :p

:apple: :apple: :apple: