iPhone Purchasers: Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by retrospects, Jun 18, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

if you in dallas, where are you getting your phone, at a apple store, (highland park, northpark, and willowbend)? or at a cingular/at&t store?

2. macrumors newbie

I'm going to go to an at&t store. Probably the AT&T Experience store in Northpark. But if I was going to an Apple store, then I would go to Northpark also. That way you don't have to wait outside if you get there before 6:00, unlike the one on Knox

3. macrumors member

Trying for the UP location on Knox. What are you thinking? My girlfriend said she would wait in line until I got off work :D. I really dont want to camp at AT&T for sure. I dont want to have to deal with them at all. I currently have Sprint on a contract for another few months and I despise them. My Sprint phone will be going on "vacation" until its contract is up.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

depends on how my day works out there is a cingular store on beltline in addison that is right next to the tattoo shop i will be at that day, there or a cingular store on preston by my appt. so everyone is going to the apple store huh?

5. macrumors G3

clevin

no money for it, knox/north park are equally far for me.

6. macrumors 6502

not sure yet where i'm gonna go. theres a few corp stores near me (downtown). and the plethora of apple stores helps.

7. macrumors member

So they let you into Northpark at 6am? If thats the case then we would camp at the Apple Store in there. Northpark is so nice anyway. I would be perfect. I just have to make sure my girl doesnt lose her spot in line to the Guess store :(

8. macrumors 6502

i think he probably meant 6pm. but you can get in pretty early (mall walking old ladies)

damn. looks like there's gonna be some competition here in dallas. i was hoping not.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

hah yeah northpark is nice, i think willowbend is nice too an its like 5 min from me, and its really big!(the apple store) may be bigger than highland park-knox

10. macrumors newbie

I meant 6pm (since that is when it is released. But I imagine if you plan on camping out all day, then you could get in the mall pretty early. I think they open it early in the morning for employees and mall walkers. I would definitely prefer to hang out inside northpark, rather than outside at Knox. Plus if the apple store runs out, there is an AT&T store inside the mall too.

11. macrumors member

What Apple Stores are you talking about? I only know of 4 in the DFW area. Knox, Northpark, Willow Bend and Southlake.

Im thinking about buying online as well. Depends on how bad the line is at the stores.

12. macrumors 6502

i didn't even know about southlake. but 3 apple stores in such a small area i would consider a plethora. especially for not really being a HUGE city like new york or LA.

13. macrumors member

Yea im actually surprised that there arent any in Arlington or the surrounding areas. They are sticking to the "Rich white folks" areas. I guess.

14. macrumors newbie

I agree, the knox and northpark stores are within 2 or 3 miles of each other.

15. macrumors 6502

and just hop on the tollway and you're at willowbend in 2 more minutes.

16. macrumors member

Lets hope we dont have to do all of that. So who's going to be at Northpark?

17. macrumors 6502

if i'm going the apple store route thats probably where i'll start. maybe willowbend is the way to go though since that mall has all but been completely abandoned.

18. macrumors member

Thats a good point. Hmmm.

19. macrumors 6502

i work part time right across from the apple store at northpark, and i can say it is filled to capacity almost every day all the time. that store does so much business....

20. macrumors member

Yea, I frequent that Apple Store because it is so close to my workplace.

21. macrumors newbie

I doubt southlake will be too crowded. Doesn't seem like the type of people who will camp out for the iphone are too prevalent there. Of course you have to drive to southlake.

22. macrumors member

You would be surprised. Southlake is like a mini-plano

23. macrumors member

I'm going to be at the apple store in southlake starting around noon. I think it's better than the downtown stores because everyone commutes out of there.

24. macrumors regular

I will be at Southlake, because it is the closest. And I bet it will be packed. Its the only store that serves the west side of DFW.

25. thread starter macrumors regular

i can spit on willow bend and its the biggest i have seen up here so far!