iPhone Purchasers: Houston, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by Eldentistfuturo, Jun 17, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Southwest Houston near Rice.. bunch of choices here. I don't know what time I am going to line up, it all depends on when everyone else does. What about you guys?

2. macrumors member

I'm also in the Houston area - not sure what approach to take. We have the 2 Apple stores fairly close to each other - and several AT&T stores. I'm not camping out or any of that nonsense - but I will probably try to run by somewhere around 4pm and start waiting.

What's your plans?

I really am at a loss as to how popular this is going to be??? I mean it is $500 or $600 - we're not talking $299. How many people out there will be burning to spend that kind of dough and be ready for a new contract.

The problem with these boards is that we're all pretty much fanatics and you can kind of get tunnel vision by hearing and reading all the fan sites. Not sure if the general public is really going to rush out to get this...guess we'll see soon.

3. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I'm in the Houston area too and I'm torn as where to go. 3 Apple stores within reasonable distance (Galleria, Memorial City, Woodlands) plus many AT&T stores. I really want to wait outside of an Apple store but all of those stores are inside malls, so that makes getting inside a store in the early morning or camp overnight on the 28th pretty difficult. I know some malls have their doors open very early, as they have cleaning people, so I think it may be possible to sneak in to the mall, but how does a line even work at that point? The Apple stores will be open during the day. So many questions.

4. macrumors 65816

I'm not lining up. I'm hoping that they'll be available over the interwebs and I'll get mine that way. I'll give up a weekend of not yet having an iPhone to save having to line up.

5. macrumors member

lucky for you guys I'll be on vacation that friday... otherwise I'd be lining up probably at the AT&T store at westpark & edloe. I've had great service every time I've been there and it's a pretty big store (it even has it's own antenna!)

6. macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

I would be waiting in Houston if I weren't gonna be off on a business trip that day. :'(

I guess the good thing is that it's a cell phone and not a game console where you'd have to compete with linegoers just there to flip the thing on eBay. I'm hoping I can order it through Apple's online store so I can get it delivered so it's waiting for me when I get back from mah' trip.

7. macrumors 65816

FWIW, I just spoke to my company's AT&T rep., and he's singing the same old song. Yes, they will have some on the 29th. No, they don't know how many, and won't until the day before most likely. No, they can't reserve one, it's first come, first served. No, they don't know anything about the plans. Actually, they don't know anything.

8. macrumors G3

I think I'll go to the Apple store to play with one, as I do not have any money.

Just whether I want to go to Galleria, Memorial City, or First Colony.. :)

9. macrumors member

Dallas Area

I think I will be waiting outside as well. Probably going to start at around 8am. Hopefully their wont be 50 people there already. There is an Apple store right near my work so it shouldnt be too bad.

Who else will be camping out? What kind of shot do you think you will have at getting one in a reasonable amount of time if you ordered on Apple.com?

10. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

Dang, I didn't even know there was a First Colony store. I'm only in Houston for the summer, so I guess I missed out on the opening. Why can't it be a freestanding store. Whyy. All these stores in Houston and surrounding areas are in malls!

11. macrumors G3

Why are you going at 8 am? They're released at 6 pm local time. :)

and loudestnoise-- there's The Woodlands and memorial city (I met you at those), then First Colony, and now out by NASA. Of course, the Galleria is there, too. :)

12. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

Yes, there are many choices. I do plan on getting there pretty early if not camping out in my car overnight. Can't be too early. Ha

13. macrumors 6502a

I agree, I vote for a freestanding Apple store in the Katy area. :)

14. macrumors member

rice village could use a freestanding store. footlocker just went out of business/closed up shop...

15. macrumors regular

peterparker

Go to the Westpark AT&T store! It'll give me more to take pictures of :).

And I did hear something about another store in the Houston area from an employee at some store...

16. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

C'mon man, stick with Apple stores. Memorial City is where it's at.

17. macrumors regular

peterparker

Yeah, but I can walk to the AT&T store from my place :) We'll see, if I could be in 3 or 4 places at once that would be perfect.

18. macrumors newbie

So where is everyone going? It seems to me that everyone is chatting up at&t stores. I just can't imagine myself going to an at&t store and listening to them talk up something they know nothing about, even if they've had a class or two. Half those people are idiots anyway. :mad:

At least at the Apple store you'll know you'll get the best service. And they won't be upselling you on every little thing there is. Quick and efficient and to the point is the way I like it.

I'll be checking in on the Apple store at the Galleria. I know it may be packed but it's the closest one to me. I just want in, to pick up a couple of them and out. Anyone else showing up around there? There's a starbucks one floor down!!!:D

19. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I am wanting to go to the Memorial City Mall Apple Store, but the Galleria store is tempting too. Only thing I can think of is it is probably gonna be a lot easier to get a line going at Memorial since the Galleria Apple store is on a second floor and traffic is usually pretty busy. I dont know though, it's a tough decision. I also like the Memorial store since the store is bigger.

20. macrumors G3

loudestnoise-- they remodeled the Galleria store so it is a lot bigger, but it's still not the biggest, ya know? It's probably twice the size that it was. Maybe a little smaller than the memorial city.

21. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I know it, I went the other day. It is much longer than before. Not so much wider.

22. macrumors newbie

Haven't been there since they remodeled it. Is the Memorial City store the largest one in Houston area? Haven't been there yet.

23. macrumors 6502a

Iphone

Yea i'm going to the memorial city store. It's not as large as the Galleria store, but its pretty nice and hopefully they will take my money and give me my iphone. I :apple: working 3 miles from the apple store. BTW, i think buying from apple store is better cuz you are guaranteed to get their warranty.

Good luck guys, you will see me at memorial city store around 4p. (look for the black guy in business casual clothes and a shaw badge. I'm friendly and i love mac :)

24. macrumors regular

dwhittington

First Colony

I will be at the First Colony store, not to be anti-social or anything, but it seems the other stores are much more popular and I want to wait in a shorter line. :)

David
    :apple:

25. macrumors member

jtkellertx

Me is going to Woodlands.