iPhone Purchasers: Jackson, MS

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by toxicbomber, Jun 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Anyone buying a iPhone there? I'll be there friday. Besides I just want to know if there are ANY Mississippians on this forum besides me.:p

2. macrumors regular

aye, though I'm from Bay St. Louis and I'm heading to Slidell, LA to get mine.

3. macrumors newbie

I am in Waynesboro and I want to pull the trigger on one-but I honestly don't think AT&T's coverage can hold a candle to Cellular South in my area. It doesn't make a lot of sense to pay $500-600 on a phone that I may only be able to use 60-70% of the time.

But that being said-I have a couple of friends in Ocean Springs that are going to one of the AT&T stores that afternoon, and I may just take off work on Friday and join them there. Heck, even my 75 year old mother has seen the TV ads and is all excited about it! I told her today I might be looking at getting one, and she hinted that if I waited for another six months until xmas she would pick me up one as a gift...I told her I am not too sure if I can wait that long. :D

4. macrumors regular

Yeah, i might head over that way too.

5. macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Gah!

Mods: Not all states that start with the letters "Mi" are abbreviated MI.

Michigan - MI
    Missouri - MO
    Mississippi - MS
    Minnesota - MN

6. macrumors 68000

dernhelm

Thanks for noting this. I was pretty amazed there for a moment....

7. macrumors 603

iSaint

Columbus MS here. I'm going to the local AT&T store Friday evening. According to the salespeeps there, they don't expect a crowd.

OP can we perhaps change the title to iPhone purchasers in Mississippi, since there's so few of us?

8. macrumors regular

Yeah, there's 4 of us here, and 2 more in the Louisana thread. We should combine those.

9. macrumors newbie

Hub City

Hattiesburg here. wondering if there are others in and around the hub city. gonna be in line with a few friends for sure.

10. macrumors regular

Bay Saint Louis is like, what, 50 miles from ther?

11. macrumors newbie

I am here in Jackson, MS - Ridgeland to be exact

I will probably head to the local store on Thursday night. Just for the fun, I have not done that since college. I will have a few people with me. none of which will purchase the phone. We are just going to party.

12. macrumors newbie

The closest for me would be one of the Hattiesburg or Meridian stores, but only two of my friends are interested in purchasing one-and they are in Ocean Springs-so that is where I am headed. I have a feeling the Hattiesburg stores will quite a number of people there waiting to get one due to the demographics...but who knows. There are three stores on the Gulf Coast that will have them, so maybe I will have a better chance to picking one up on Friday evening. We are probably going to sit at the bar at the Mellow Mushroom and keep an eye out for a line at the Ocean Springs location and when it starts forming, we will head on over.

13. macrumors newbie

'bout an hour...yeah.

14. macrumors newbie

man i bet you are prolly right. but i just can't tell. For anyone interested in my hub city iphone waiting plan, here it is: my 8yr old gets back from church camp thursday at midnight. on our way home, pass by the store to see if there is a line, if so, go home dump the kid, get back to get in line. if no one, go home, rest til 6am, go check store again, if no one, go get shower, supplies, etc, come back at 9am then get in line for sure then. gotta a couple of friends waiting with me, got some folks for bathroom and food support, plus our att store is right by the marble slap ice cream place, also right behind popeyes. come join us and make it a crowd. i will bring the cards and chess set, games and all.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Meet you there! =D

16. macrumors regular

I think you're overestimating demand and your need to wait here, remember that this is MS and people are still recovering from Katrina and dont have 600 bucks laying around for a new phone.

17. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not so sure about that. I mean.. the AT&T store in Flowwood said it will be packed out... you know, the one on Lakeland Drive?

18. macrumors regular

Yes, but unless people are waiting now, it's yet to be proven true. AT&T people may just say stuff like that to get you to come to their store and buy it from them. I just cant see that much of an iPhone audience here, I mean we dont even have an Apple store around here.

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea.. it sucks. Curse you, Mississippi!!!!!

20. macrumors newbie

wow, I almost didn't even bother looking here because I figured there wouldn't be anyone on here from around Ocean Springs. I'm planning on checking up on the line at the OS at&t store every so often and when one starts to form head on over there to wait. Anyone know how many they're going to get? They never want to pick up the phone for me.

21. macrumors regular

Hopefully they'll make sure we get more than the 10-stores-per-mile San Francisco outlets. We should have enough for everyone.

22. macrumors newbie

hey y'all!

Ocean Springs here - but work in Biloxi. Contemplating which store to go to - OS or Gulfport.

23. macrumors regular

Seems like more people are heading to OS, so go to gulfport. With one store for such a large area, you're probly SOL either way. Go to mobile.

24. macrumors newbie

Awww, c'mon now, that's not very hospitable ;) I ain't gonna drive to Mobile - if I can't get an iPhone at a local store then I'll just order online and wait for delivery.... that's how I've gotten all my other Apple products anyway... The wait for the first-gen G5 towers was painful!

Good luck to you!

25. macrumors regular

Oh man, an honest to god mac fan in MS! I only have a MacBook. I never knew your kind existed down here. GL to you as well.