iPhone Purchasers: Jacksonville, FL (NE FL)

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by JoJoCal19, Jun 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Wow Im surprised theres no thread for NE Florida / Jacksonville area already. Whos buyin whether its at an ATT store or the Apple store at the Town Center? If you want to avoid crowds I read theres a store in Palatka that will have the iPhone :p

Im probly heading to the Town Center to the Apple Store when it opens and waiting to see when people will start lining up.

2. macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

LoL, Palatka has nothing!

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I know! I figured if there were anywere that would have very small crowds Palatka would be it.

4. macrumors 6502

If I can upgrade my account (part of family plan) I will be at the Apple store in Town Center Friday. Make a nice day long experience out there.

5. macrumors member

I live in Lake City

I really enjoy the town center, but for something like this, I think there may not be many people here at our At&t store.

So Ima try and get one here.

-J

6. macrumors member

I'm tempted to pop in there and check them out, but I'm leaving the country for a year so there is no sense of me getting one now, although the thought has crossed my mind plenty of times, haha.

I almost got a job at the Apple Store back in Dec. but they took 2-3 weeks to even contact me after an interview so I had accepted another job by then. I regret that decision a lot.

Representin' Fruit Cove, St. Johns County.:cool:

7. macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about heading there from Tallahassee, but the ATT store here is literally 1000 ft from my apartment. Anyone have a sense as to how busy the Jacksonville Apple Store is going to be?

8. macrumors member

I was there for the grand opening, there was a pretty long line...

For the Tiger release party, there was an even longer line...

Im sure the iPhone launch will be just as long even though you can order online and @ att stores... People just like the Apple store feel...IMHO

-J

9. macrumors member

ATT stores

I live right next to the Town Center and am getting the sense it's going to be a mad house. For what it's worth, while I'm sure the Apple store will get the majority of the crowd, wondering how the crowds will be at the AT&T stores spread around town.

10. macrumors 6502

I'm sure the AT&T store will be almost as crowded. I am planning on spending a nice day at Starbucks on Friday to watch the crowds.

11. macrumors newbie

Atlantic Store

Anyone headed to the store on Atlantic?

12. macrumors 6502

Theres an apple store on atlantic?

13. macrumors member

No,

There is an AT&T store though...

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Yea Im trying to figure out what time to head up to the Town Center. I was thinking of heading up there at 10am to hang out at my other fav stores and monitor the Apple store crowds and when a line forms I will jump in.

15. macrumors 6502

That sounds like a good idea. I might have to join you with that.

16. macrumors member

Wife

Sending my wife to get in line for me at 12pm! heh

Giving some thought to the Phillips Highway location or even Atlantic Blvd. crowd wise. Seems like the lines would be less in certain parts of town.

17. macrumors 6502

I figure I'm already spending $500 on a phone I might as well get the apple store experience with it.

18. macrumors member

My old cell phone (Nokia 6340i) was in my blue gym bag that was stolen from Main Beach in Fernandina Beach on Saturday, so I don't think I'll be buying any expensive cell phones anytime soon -- I'm sticking with a cheap / free phone I can get by getting a new contract with AT&T. I have the Nokia 6102i for the time being until the local AT&T store gets the Nokia 2610 in -- same digits, oddly enough, but I'm sticking with a bar phone as long as I can get one. I need something I can hold, and flip phones are just too thin.

BTW, if you're ever making a phone call while heading up US 1 north from Jacksonville, count on your call being dropped in Folkston. There's no reception in the swamp!

19. macrumors 6502a

There are 3 AT&T stores in Tallahassee that are going to stock the phone, and all of them are within 10 miles of my place.. one is within less than a mile of my job, so I'm planning on cutting out of work a little early and heading over there.

I don't think it would be worth it to drive the 2.5-3hrs to Jax to buy the phone at the apple store.

I'll take my chances getting one in good old tally

20. thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Honestly I think you should be fine in Tallahasse. Nothing but a bunch of college kids who probably cant afford to shell out $600 for a cell phone, middle agers and politicians who could probably care less and really old people who sure as hell wont be getting one. I think youll be good lol...

21. macrumors newbie

We'll be there

Myself and a few others from iPhone-Geek will be out at the Town Center, probably playing WoW to kill time. Stop by and say hi!

22. macrumors 6502

Hows the line looking? just thinking about heading down to town center now.

23. macrumors member

Can anybody post pics????

Question: Will the geinus bar be open til midnight aswell? After doing an update on my MBP it restarted with the Folder&Question mark flashing so It seems I need a new HD..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

-J

24. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Wow -- there is a Jacksonville thread. Awesome.

I can't decide if I should head over to the Apple store or the AT&T near home. The AT&T store happens to be inside a Winn Dixie. Which does not promise to be very glamorous... but maybe will mean a short line. :)

25. CJK
    macrumors member

I'm facing the same dilemma -- the Apple Store would be the more fun experience (like the Jaguar and Tiger releases, only bigger), but I think I'd have more of a chance to score an iPhone if I headed to one of the AT&T stores...

Cr*p. Not sure what to do.