iPhone Purchasers: Miami, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by iMacNiPhone07, Jun 17, 2007.

1. macrumors member

im waiting at the closest official At&t store near zipcode 33186.. starting at noon... if ne1 else is let me kno

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there at 4:30pm

I have a att store least that one minute away from my house near 33161

3. macrumors member

OP: Does that happen to be the AT&T store in front of the movie theatre in Kendall? I'll probably be there if the Lincoln Road and/or The Falls Apple Stores are packed.

4. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I enjoy the spelling in the title of this discussion.

5. macrumors regular

bombboy

I really am on the fence on if I should leave work early, camp, etc. What if they're available online as well... :[

If I do it would be either the Apple store in The Falls or the ATT Wireless store on Kendall and 127th. I am right in between both.

6. macrumors 6502

Well there is an at&t store and an apple store at the falls.

7. macrumors newbie

I'll be in the 33317 (Plantation/Davie/Sunrise) area looking for the iPhone. There are so many AT&T/Apple stores in our area that I don't think it'll be a big problem finding one.

8. thread starter macrumors member

lets all go to the falls one becuz we have more choice.. imma go every 4hrs to check startin midnite the nite be4.. the falls usually receives the most products in everything.. i waiting there for the midnite launch for halo 2 and they had 400 copies over other gamestops and ebgames

9. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

That's true there are, but a lot of them are stores not owned by AT&T... and so they most likely won't be getting any iPhone shipments.

10. macrumors newbie

i would definitely not go to the lincoln road store. that place is always packed as it is, so it's gonna be out of control on friday. plus a lot of the people who work at that store suck. they have a completely south beach mentality (= not cool).

11. macrumors newbie

Anyone heading to the Doral ATT store? (NW 41st Street)? That will probably be my choice simply because it is right down the street from where I work.

12. macrumors newbie

gogoman

I know where i'm goin

I'm in Deerfield Beach 33441 and I've got the perfect store. Not going anywhere near the Apple Store in Town Center, that's for sure!

13. macrumors regular

I was thinking about waiting at the falls because the apple store should have a lot but I live in homestead (33032) and the att store on us1 does not get a lot of traffic.

If we go to the falls is anyone going the night before...i was thinking about camping out but if everyone is waiting until Friday morning i may just get there after midnight.

14. macrumors regular

I actually work right here in Doral too. You referring to the one by the LA Fitness. I was wondering if a lot of people were going to be camping at that store.

15. macrumors regular

I'm not planning on buying this gen, but I do want to go check one out, if I can get my hands on one. I'm in Miami Beach, so I'll probably head down to Lincoln Road, despite the guaranteed crowds there. Unless the AT&T store on 41st St. might have one, but I doubt it.

16. macrumors newbie

Yessir...That one, with the Kinko's next door.

As to whether or not the store will be crowded, it seems there are some of you who will be lining up for the phone based on what I see here, but then again, when I 'ask around' informally on a personal basis, many people are interested in it, but no one that I know of personally is actually going to be doing what we here will be doing.

17. macrumors regular

Same here...i was going to get in line really early but it seems like from what i have heard, not too many people are actually getting in line. most are adapting a 'wait and see' approach.

18. thread starter macrumors member

imma wait and see 2 .. me and my friend are just ganna sleep in the car rite in the front of the store wit my laptop and just watch sum movies till ppl show up .. then we'll get in line

19. macrumors regular

that's cool. which store did you decide on. i am torn between the apple store in the falls and 2 other cingular stores

20. thread starter macrumors member

imma PM u cuz i dont want ne1 knowing where im goin cuz itll get packed... if u go to the one i go to just show up midnite and we'll watch sum movies in the car or sumthing u kno. till ppl show up... for sure there will be ppl by 7am so mite as well

21. macrumors newbie

I took Friday off and now I'm stuck in a dilemma because I live in South beach 5 min away from the Lincoln Road Apple store and maybe 10 min away from the nearest ATTnT Corp Store on Washington and 16th everybody I know is going to be working on Fri so I'm on my own I don't know which store to go to I don't want to choose one store only to find out I picked the wrong one to stand in line in. So far I'm leaning towards the Apple store.

22. thread starter macrumors member

dont go to the apple stores.. they said itd be crazzzyyy... check on cingular.com for a store that says CINGULAR WIRELESS ... not the authorized retailers cuz that will totally f*k u up cuz they dont carry the iphone

23. macrumors member

Just looked over all my options, and it seems that The Falls would be a good place to wait. If anyone else is going I'm (probably) the only guy in line with a very bright iBook color.

24. macrumors 68000

I'll also be at the falls, probably. MBP 15" with Leopard and a Sprint EV-DO card :)

25. macrumors 6502

I'm sure they'll have some Saturday at the Falls store. Also, now would be a good time to get a great deal on a phone that isn't the ApplePhone at an AT&T store