iPhone Purchasers: Michigan

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by waterskier2007, Jun 19, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

Is anyone on here buying an iPhone from twelve oaks? I am trying to get a feel as to how long the line will be.

:apple:

2. macrumors regular

Im in East Lansing, probably going to hit twelve oaks, though I might go to Grand Rapids, I really don't trust any local AT&T stores around here, so my boss and I are taking friday off early to head to an apple store

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

where is there an apple store in grand rapids? i live in white lake so i wont go to g-rap but i would like to know where that one is because i visit friends there sometimes

:apple:

4. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Hm.. I didn't even know twelve oaks had an Apple store, haha. Somerset has one (which is where I'd be buying mine if I could afford it :p).

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah i like the one at twelve oaks but somerset is undeniably better, too far from me tho. im not paying for mine tho my dad is buying it for me for a grad present luckily. looking forward to it very much haha

6. macrumors regular

i guess it is at the Woodland mall, never been.

Also Briarwood in Ann Arbor is getting a new store soon as well as Partridge Creek (i think thats the name). Michigan will have 5 apple stores by year end.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

wow, thats awesome, not that i know where any of those new places are. but i will be sure to check them out. thanks

8. macrumors 68000

aross99

I'm in East Lansing as well, and I'm thinking about heading out the the AT&T store in the mall. I know the AT&T people won't know anything about the iPhone, but all I we really need to know from them is what are the costs of the plans. Could then possibly tell us anything we don't already know?

The last thing I want is some AT&T person trying to tell me how great the iPhone is - just give me an 8Gb model and sign me up...

Because of the contracts, the price and having to be on AT&T's network, I'm hoping to be able to get one Friday night...

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

if you go to the at&t store and u find out how much it will cost for a contract and everything that is necessary to support full iphone functionality, and u could let me know, i would appreciate it. i also want to have mine by friday night but i found out i have to leave for indiana friday morning so i will have to order one online from the hotel room that night which pisses me off.:mad: but oh well what can ya do about it

10. macrumors member

I'm in Okemos, and planning on heading to the Meridian Mall AT&T store around 2-2:30. If there's no line, I'm gonna dick around in the mall for a while while periodically checking the line. I was also thinking of checking out the store in Lansing, but being a stand alone store, they'll probably make you wait outside. What time are you East Lansing guys gonng go wait?

11. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

wait. where is there a store in lansing?

or are you talking about going to a at&t store, because if you are you shouldnt. the apple store release will be better

12. macrumors regular

the meridian ATT guys are ****ing morons. I would not put all my eggs in one basket and wait there. That place will more than likely be a total cluster****, and as stated before they are idiots and I would prefer to not give them my business.

13. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah, and if you go to the apple store they have release parties, and they sometimes have giveaways, just like when they release a new os, or things of that nature. most of the stores close at 5, or earlier, and then all will reopen at 6 for the release which we are all waiting for:D

14. macrumors member

Yeah, I was referring to the AT&T store next to Circuit City in Lansing. There's also an AT&T store in Howell.

I'm not too concerned with the level of celebration for the release. I don't think I'm gonna go to Twelve Oaks or Somerset since that's pretty wealthy suburban Detroit and I think it'll be packed. I've dealt with a few guys from the Okemos AT&T store w/o difficulty. I just wanna go to a store with the least amount of fanfare possible (if possible).

15. macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

The Apple store is in Woodland Mall. On 28th St. and East Beltline NE.

16. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

thanks. have you ever been there, and if so, how is the selection and the employees

17. macrumors 68000

aross99

I've been to the Apple store in GR - it's a little smaller than the ones in Twelve Oaks, but pretty much like all of the other Apple stores I have been to.

I had a Nano replaced under waranty at the genius bar, and that was my only real contact with the employees. My impression of the staff is that they are not real knowledgable compared to someone who visits the MR forums.

The genius was OK, and my warranty swap was hassle free...

My reason for NOT going to the Apple stores (besides the hour drive either way) and I think they will attract a much more high-end crowd. I think my chances will be better to get a unit in Okemos...

18. macrumors 68030

skubish

Where is Partridge Creek?
    Sadly, I will not be buying an iPhone at launch.

19. macrumors 68000

billchase2

a buddy and i may be heading up to twelve oaks from ohio.

what time is everyone getting there?

20. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

actually i have to leave for indiana that morning (i just found that out) so i wont be going to the store which makes me really mad. i would for sure join you but it looks like im going to have to order mine online :mad:

21. macrumors member

:D you're funny Paris!!

"I am mad mad mad mommy! I want my iPhone NOW!!!!!!!"

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

wow someone cant take a joke

23. macrumors newbie

Yea im heading up to twelve oaks from ann arbor, I dont think the briarwood store is gonna be open till mid july, It would be sweet if they got it done in time for the iPhone though. So twelve oaks, and if that fails then somerset is where i'll be heading next

24. thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

just wondering, since ur from ann arbor, is that cus ur going to school or do u live there cus ill be heading there next year for u of m

25. macrumors member

iPhone in GR

I'm in Grand Rapids and wont go near the Apple store on the 29th. I figure the best place is to hit my local AT&T/Cingular Store.