iPhone Purchasers: Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by MacDryCleaner, Jun 21, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Anybody want to post from Minneapolis where and if they are going to be on the 29th? We could order some food and make a day of it.

2. macrumors 6502

Mall of America

3. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I was thinking of the highland park cingular store. I figure less busy, and I confirmed it is a corporate store, not a franchise.

I'm not married to the idea though.

How long were you thinking. I hadn't planned on. Getting there more than a few hours early.

Paul

4. macrumors member

Im going to the store located on ford pkwy (St Paul).:D

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to too. Any idea what time you're planning to get there? It would be nice to have someone to kill time with...

Paul

6. macrumors member

I'll probably get there around 4:30ish - 5:00, Hopefully it won't be to busy. I can't imagine going to the Mall of America... Im sure the Apple store & the AT&T store will be super busy.

Check out the guided tour of the phone! Im so excited man! :apple:

Brandon

7. macrumors 6502

Cool. I'll PM you my email address. Lets try to meet up. It'll be good to have someone to shoot the s**t with while we wait. I was thinking somewhere between 3 and 5, but more towards 4-5. I live about 10 minutes from there, so I had planned on driving past that morning and maybe around 12 or 1 to make sure there wasn't a big line forming (I can't imagine).

I'd really prefer not to wait longer than my macbook charge, especially since people on the east coast will have had an hour or so to play with them before the stores open here.

Anyone else?

Paul

8. thread starter macrumors regular

I was going to go to the mall of america as well. I was thinking of getting in line at around 10 or so. are you thinking that is waaaaayyyyy too early? I wasn't counting on people saying they would get in line at 4 in the afternoon....I was thinking it would be crazy. anyway, it would be cool to meet up with a few forum members and shoot the s*&t.

9. macrumors member

10AM? Damn bro, Thats super early! :eek: Keep in mind that 2 stores within the mall are providing the phone.

Paul....I'll shoot ya a PM in a minute.

B

10. macrumors member

jdsam

Ridgedale?

I dont have a plan yet, but was anyone thinking of going to ridgedale?

J

11. macrumors newbie

West Metro?

Anyone in the west metro looking at getting one? If so - where at? Is there an AT&T store in Maple Grove/Plymouth that is corporately owned, or is the Ridgedale Apple store the closest location? Your thoughts? Lemme know!

12. macrumors newbie

Southdale

I'm thinking Southdale around 3. Anyone doing the same?

13. macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Yeah, I'll be at Ridgedale around 4ish I guess. Live right by there, so it's my neck of the woods...

14. macrumors member

jdsam

Closing time?

What time are the stores closing? Maybe i missed it, but are they staying open any later than normal like they did with the tiger launch?

J

15. macrumors 6502

Ridgedale around 4.

16. macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I'll see you then! I look like my photo in my profile...:)

17. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I too was planning on being at the MOA. There is the Johnny Rockets in the food court above the Apple store. Don't know if there food is still any good, but it used to be really really good. If people wanted to met and got a bite after surveying the chaos I'll be game.

18. macrumors newbie

Sounds good guy. I've got the day off... :)

19. macrumors newbie

Waiting at Rosedale

I'll be at the Rosedale store bright and early on Friday morning.

20. macrumors newbie

I, too, have the day off and was thinking MOA... around 2:30-3

21. macrumors newbie

Contracts

Do you guys just happen to be at the end of your current cellphone contracts?....

I just can't imagine there being a line at all, How many people have $500+ laying around AND are not tied up in a cell phone contract already?

I would love an iphone but I have a year and a half left in my contract.

Looking on the bright side in a year and a half the iphone will probably be cheaper and better.

22. macrumors newbie

the cingular store at MOA told me to go to the apple store at MOA because they "weren't gonna get as many as apple". Fun stuff.

23. macrumors member

The Apple store at MOA is going to be crazy! :D

24. macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Honestly, if you can afford a $600 phone and a $70/month plan, a termination fee is nothing. I have almost 2 years left on mine with Verizon; however, I don't care. I guarantee the majority of the people interested ARE tied up in a contract, but are either terminating it or leaving their current company for the phone, just like me.

25. macrumors member

I just renewed my contract with sprint a couple months ago, and I think I have to pay $150 to term. my contract. I don't mind though, If you have the money whats the big deal? ;) :apple: