iPhone Purchasers: New York, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by bytethese, Jun 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 68030

bytethese

I'm personally going to hit an AT&T store downtown around 3-4pm on June 29th. I think trying to go to the 5th Ave or SoHo stores is going to be a zoo. Where are you guys heading to get the phone?

2. macrumors regular

I would tell you but I would have to kill you.

Seriously, I am going to stop by 3 in the morning and check in to see what kind of lines/units they are expecting.

I will probably pick one and call around 12/1/2pm to see how it is going and head out to be "close" after 2pm.

At that point, it is all wait.

BZ

3. macrumors regular

I will stay away from 5th ave till I get my phone from an ATT store uptown. That is all I will divulge:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

4. macrumors member

I agree...my spot is a secret...lol. But yea, i think if you want to go to the apple store, you'd better get there the night before.

5. macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

i would think about hopping over to jersey.

…i'm only going to ny if the jersey malls can't handle everything between 6 and 9:30 when they close.

6. macrumors regular

I thought about that too but Jersey stores will be just as crowded and just the fact that you have to drive and there could be traffic/accident...too many variables.

7. macrumors newbie

smarquet

Apple Gift Cards

Using Apple Gift Cards (saved up ove last 2 years) so ATT store is out. May get out of dodge to a different Apple Store out of NYC. But then the crazyness may just be fun. If I stay in NYC I'll Prob Jump in line around Noon.

8. macrumors 6502

JMax1

Seriously considering White Plains apple store

9. macrumors 6502a

TheSlush

Swells

It is worth noting that according to the MacPolls poll, people will be lining up in three primary "waves":

1.) The night before (those taking Friday off)
    2.) Noon Friday (those taking a half-day off)
    3.) 4-6pm Friday (those unable to get out of work)

But there is talk now that store security will not allow people to camp overnight.

10. macrumors regular

Is that for Apple stores???? I have no doubt that apple stores will have a larger scene than ATT stores.

11. macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

i think it'll be crowded everywhere but i think the city will be much worse.

.although if you have to drive and can't use the path or bus i'd have to agree staying in manhattan would probably be better.

12. macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

is the going idea that it will sell out?

it might be better to just wait til 3am that night and get it on 5th.

13. macrumors 6502a

TheSlush

The poll data presumably is for both Apple and AT&T stores. The rumor about not letting people camp or form lines apparently pertains to Apple Stores only.

14. macrumors regular

yea that is what i am thinking. I would be amazed if they had any left at 8-9 PM given that the process is fast. People keep on saying the cost is too much but they dont realize the demographics in NYC....much different from 90% of the country...I think we will be surprised how difficult it will be to obtain the gadgets especially in the city.

15. macrumors newbie

I'm probably going to goto the AT&T store near my house in the bronx. im hoping since i live in a small community demand wont be that high or anythign and i'll be able to snag me one ;)

16. macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

Hopefully you aren't using more than 4 gift cards like this girl, although I think that was over the phone, but she did get her computer eventually.

17. macrumors newbie

any one going to the 5th ave store thur night? im trying to figure out how i can manage the 24 hours.... holding my spot and all... seeing if any one want to pair up it will sure make life easier than brining along a bottle... 4 days and counting...

18. macrumors regular

anybody from Albany NY hitting the lines?

19. macrumors newbie

smarquet

Merge Baby......

Thanks for the Heads Up! I better go ahead of time and merge my cards.

-------------------------
    Per Apple Website: http://www.apple.com/go/giftcards/faqs.html

"Can I merge multiple Apple Gift Cards into a single Apple Gift Card?
    Yes, you can do this at a retail Apple Store.
    -------------------------"

20. macrumors newbie

Brooklyn?

I'm going to go to Brooklyn, not sure which store yet, there are about 4 Brooklyn company owned AT&T stores... Anyone else thinking Brooklyn? I did a small check in at a store today in Williamsburg and the guy there said that he's been getting a lot of calls from people in Manhattan who are coming out to Brooklyn in hopes of beating the lines.. He seemed to think the the non Manhattan stores might actually be busier due to this. Any thoughts?

21. macrumors member

I work close to the AT&T store on 7th btw 42nd and 43rd, and since i get off of work at 9am, im bounce btw there and some other locations until about 1pm

22. macrumors 6502a

Damn. Look at all these rich people.. ready to spend couple of hundreds for just a phone :p

23. macrumors 68000

RichP

Interesting; I live right by the ATT on Cad. West. Il have to keep an eye on it.

24. macrumors 6502

I'm gonna hit up 5th Ave at 5pm. Yes, I'm crazy :) Really, I just want to catch the scene and don't mind if I come up empty there (although I expect Apple to really flood the store with units considering the expected turnout).

25. macrumors regular

ogun7

I actually think this is a good idea! I'm unsure of what I should do. I'm off Thursday & Friday. I live in Jersey City, so it's easy to get to either Apple Store in NYC. My little sister thinks I should drive to Hudson Mall and camp out early that day in front of the corporate-owned AT&T store. What are all of your suggestions? I think Harlem is going to be crowded. I think there might be enough iPhones at the Apple stores.