iPhone Purchasers: Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by ShellyFM, Jun 24, 2007.

?

Which store are you going to?

1. Apple Store in Millenia Mall

34.5%
  2. Apple Store in Florida Mall

13.8%
  3. AT&T Store in Millenia Mall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other AT&T Store

20.7%
  5. Undecided

31.0%
  1. macrumors regular

Hi, all!

I'm trying to gauge the iPhone scene in O-town. So, if you're in Orlando, what are your plans? AT&T or Apple store? What time? Where?

I plan on calling around to the stores, Apple and AT&T, next week to get an idea on what they are expecting.

Anyone with any news yet? So far, the stores don't seem to know anything more than what's already posted. Anyone work for or have any friends/family that work for either of the Apple stores or any of the AT&T stores?

Let's keep each other updated!

-Shelly

2. macrumors regular

3. macrumors member

I am from Orlando and plan on getting an iPhone. I just don't know where yet. I will decide on that later this week once (or if) news comes out about how the Apple Store will handle existing customers. If nothing comes out, then I'll probably pick a local Corporate ATT store. I live near Winter Park, so I can go towards Waterford or even Altamonte Springs. I much rather wait at an Apple store. It seems like a better crowd, and a lot more apple hype.

I plan on getting in line around 2pm. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much!

I did talk to a few people at the Apple Store in Millennia yesterday and they said "We know nothing" and "All the people who say they heard something from someone don't know anything either". They, probably like ATT employees, are in the dark.

I plan on calling around later this week to see if I can find out what stores will have what and their suggestions for getting one (like when to line up, etc). Let me know if you hear any news, and where will you be lining up and when?

4. thread starter macrumors regular

The positive about waiting at one of the Apple stores is that they are inside. No weather issues... :) The negative, though, is crowd control might be more difficult. I hope the stores tell us soon how things will be handled.

5. macrumors 6502

The Apple Stores (Millenia and Florida Mall) will probably be nicer to wait at because they are indoors and you won't have to deal with the humidity and potential afternoon thunderstorms.

I get out of work at noon and I think I may just swing by one or two corporate stores and take a look at them to see how things are. But the Apple Store at Millenia sounds attractive. I have a friend who is going there and she'll call me and tell me how the line is there.

6. macrumors member

So? I'm assuming you are going to either the Millennia or Florida Mall apple store? What time are you getting in line?

Let us know if you find anything out and I'll the same!

7. macrumors member

Which corporate stores are you looking at?

8. macrumors regular

sonofpismo

Millenia

I work at Universal Orlando, and about 6 of my fellow team members are joining me at The Apple Store @ Millenia. I'll be there when the mall opens at 9am. Others will be joing me throughout the day.

It could be BS, but I heard the Millenia manager expects to have 1,000 units on hand... maybe even more. But, I still want to be first to get one.

Having an at&t store nearby in the mall is handy as well.

See some of you there!

9. thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to an Apple or AT&T store yet. I need to call around next week. I have to play games with number porting from T-Mobile, so that may require me to go to AT&T. I would prefer to go to Apple because I think it would be much more exciting! :) Once the plans are announced, I'm going to call around to the Apple and AT&T stores in the area to find out how they are handling crowds and what type of inventory they except. I'll also ask about how to handle my number port situation. That will help decide where I go. I live in Tampa, but I'm driving to Orlando as my Mom wants to get one, too. So, we'll being rotating in line. She's already an AT&T/Cingular customer, so her situation is a bit easier. I'm not sure what time either, as it seems to vary between everyone. It would be great if we could convince the AT&T stores to use a system of taking down people's info when they show up for the line so they can go home and come back at 6pm. Wouldn't that be great!

10. thread starter macrumors regular

It is nice to have both stores in one location. I wonder if everyone will be going to the Apple store, thus leaving the AT&T store more open....just a thought.

I used to work at Universal back in 1999-2000. :)

11. macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Aw bugger! :( I won't be there. I just moved to Gainesville after I graduated from Full Sail. No apple store here.... I wondered if there is ATT in Gainesville? I'm new in those area. Thanks!

12. macrumors newbie

I'll be there with sonofpismo: 9am. Millenia Mall. [[sarcasm]] They have two Starbucks in one mall. What could be better? Other than being one of the first people your friends know to have an iPhone. That, or being one of the first people your friends know to say, "don't touch my freaking iPhone!"

13. macrumors newbie

Totally going to be at Millennia...I just moved from Longwood to Orange City, but I will be at Disney all this week, so Millennia seems the best choice for me.

Looking forward to a launch event with fellow Mac lovers...

14. macrumors member

I'm still not sure where I'm going. At first, I was going to go to the AT&T store on East 50 (by the Best Buy), then they announced 6pm, and I thought about the Millenia Mall Apple Store. Then they started announcing the new features and whipped up the buzz again, and I figured that the Mall might be a madhouse! So basically, I'm still not sure where I'll be around noon when I want to get in line!

15. macrumors newbie

North Orlando

I am planning to go to the AT&T store in Lake Mary. I will check every hour or so to see if a line is developing. It will be outdoors and may be very hot. Apple store at Millenia mall will be indoors so line will form earlier and may be much longer.

16. macrumors newbie

Which manager did you talk to, Ive been trying to find out for weeks.

I've also been trying to get more info from employees and it seems to be a lost cause. They don't know anything and from what they've said they won't know anything.

17. macrumors newbie

Spoke with an employee at the Mellinia Mall Apple Store who also freelances with me. He said they will have more iPhones than they can sell all weekend including the all nighter Friday night. In fact he told me to relax and not sweat the lines... there's no way he would jerk me around.

See ya'll Saturday morning.

18. macrumors newbie

Tallahassee Anyone?

I'm in Tallahassee, FL going to our AT&T store. Is anyone else in this area?

19. macrumors member

Melbourne

I'm in Melbourne, going to try the A T & T store at the I95 exit 183 on Eau Gallie. Closer store is franchise, not getting any till mid July.

20. thread starter macrumors regular

Did you look for stores at AT&T's website? http://www.wireless.att.com/buy/store_locator

21. thread starter macrumors regular

I applaud your patience! There's no way I could wait! :D

22. macrumors newbie

I'd vote for Millenia, but my ATT mobile never gets a usable signal in that store. I wonder how they will deal with that little problem.

23. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure they have fixed that problem by now. I'm sure I heard all the Apple stores had to go through reception improvements.

24. macrumors newbie

I will be going to the Florida Mall Apple store seeing that I have $200 worth of apple gift cards. They better take them for the iPhone or i'll have to kill some bitches. Also... I have to switch from Sprint to ATT just for this damn phone. Im sure a lot of people are doing the same. Its going to be amazing. I'll be there bright and early on Friday

25. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Anyone thinking of going to the Winter Park AT&T Store? I have to be at work at 6PM almost right next door, so I thought I'd drive by and see if there was a line (if not, I might even go in just to see if they have them and if I could take a look, though I doubt they'd let me, even though I work for RadioShack and sell AT&T phones, although not the iPhone obviously).

jW