iPhone Purchasers: Philadelphia, PA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by designsynergy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Where's everyone around the Philadelphia area headed for the big release on the 29th?

With Apple stores in King of Prussia, Suburban Square and Christiana DE (no taxes) and AT&T stores all over the place, where will every one be waiting?

Just figured I would post and get opinions from fellow Philly people :)

2. macrumors 6502

I'm in NJ, but fairly close to Philly. I'll be heading to a local AT&T store, as per Steve Jobs' advice.

3. macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Hehheehe I'm not from Philly but I think this sudden upsurge of "where is everyone going" is people's idea of gauging where they SHOULDN'T go to avoid long lines.

4. macrumors newbie

exactly ;)

5. macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

/highfive designsynergy

6. macrumors 604

zap2

I'm NJ too...outside of Philly, hopefully far enough away that few people come....atleast their is an Apple Store and AT&T store within walking distance of each other.

But I'll be getting their plenty early!

7. macrumors newbie

Eric1285 - Good luck to you :) make sure it's AT&T corporate. I'm sure you've heard about the distinction between the remaining Cingular and AT&T stores.

villanova329 - lowfive back at you :D

zap2 - That's one of the things I have been checking - proximity of Apple stores to AT&T stores.

Apple guys think far too much alike.

8. macrumors 6502

South NJ

I have an AT&T store within 5 minutes from my house and an Apple store the same distance, but in the opposite direction of course.
    I will go to the AT&T store 1st and, judging on the perceived wait time, stay or try the Apple store.
    I feel more comfortable going to my AT&T store because the contract, sim card needs will probable go smoother. In my humble opinion or course.

9. macrumors newbie

I live in philly, I am gonna go to the apple store in kop...several days after launch and after all the good reviews come in.

10. macrumors 68000

Aniej

I'm headed to the apple store in the suburbs just outside Philly. If you are planning on going to this store also, post and maybe we can say hello, it's always nice to meet fellow MR folks. If you don't feel like being public about it, no worries, you can say nothing or private message me.

11. macrumors 68000

Aniej

Anymore Philly people on here? come on O'Grady you know you are out there.

12. macrumors regular

hey, im from philly.. im am trying to figure out what apple store to go to... either the one in ardmore, the one in kofp, or the one over in marlton (nj)... i think im gonna go with marlton.. i think that will be the shortest lines out of all of them... I dont want to go to an att store because apple usually does some good giveaways when they have a release like this.. im hoping i get a nice freebie

13. macrumors member

i live right by king of prussia, i'll stop by a couple times on friday to see what kind of line there is

14. macrumors 68000

Aniej

I think your point is right abut the apple give away aspect. I live in CC phila. and am not really sure how long one would expect the drive to be to marlton other than what google maps says, but I'd rather have a real person like you who knows philly traffic tell m what the deal is?

I am 100% going to the apple store in ardmore since it is a lot closer, but would you consider posting on MR what, if any, the lines are like at KOP. I am just curious to see if my choice was the right decision.

15. macrumors regular

do you know where the tacony-palmyra bridge is? you take that over to jersey and follow 73 east and the apple store is right on that road in a shopping center... itll take about 20-30 minutes from the ne philly area... what part of cc are you from? you could go right up 95 to get to the bridge..

i am staying away from kofp... that mall is crowded all the time already.. the apple store is ALWAYS packed.. on a release like this, it will be madness.. the one in marlton is a bigger store (space wise) i think, and i think will have a much shorter line... the only thing kofp has thats better than marlton is that you would be waiting inside instead of outside..

16. macrumors 68000

Aniej

I'm right in rittehouse square, so smack dab in the center of center city. I was contemplating AT&T stores, but your point about the apple give always is so true and it is really part of the experience. If ll else fails then maybe i'll go online and buy one and wait.

17. macrumors newbie

I still am skeptical of there even being a line-Pending on how long it takes for activation.

Assuming there is a decent number in stock, the kop apple store is usually pretty good for quick sales. I remember getting an ipod there at christmas time two years ago and it only took 10 minutes. and i could be wrong but i think more people are interested in the ipod than the iphone.

18. macrumors 68000

Aniej

do you mean the iPod generally or a later revision of the iPod that will incorporate iPhone technology?

19. macrumors regular

Core Trio

Im from jersey, I live about 3 minutes from the Marlton store and I can tell you right now the lines will NOT be short. Everytime I go in there that store is packed. I work on Rittenhouse Square so I'll probably be stopping by the AT&T store on 16th and market to check it out. I cant afford one right now but I'd love to get a few minutes with a display iphone (particularly to try out the keyboard)

btw, does anyone know anything about AT&T's international plans and if the iphone would work well globally (meaning including its features not just the phone). Im going to be taking a semester abroad in the UK this fall and my current LG with verizon will not work overseas under any circumstances.

20. macrumors member

sure, i'll post in this thread. i'll be running around all day and plan on checking in a few hours or so.

21. macrumors 68000

Aniej

You don't mean you are going to check in a few hours as in today right? I think you meant to say you plan to report in on macrumors every few hours?

22. macrumors member

no, i'm just an idiot.. i meant every few hours that friday

23. macrumors 68000

Aniej

at&t is gsm which is one of the important reasons apple went with them. I have never had at&t but most people say it is very good, the only complaints i have heard stem from poor customer service, which hopefully is being worked on.

I totally forgot about the 16th street store. I think I might head there too and check before heading out to apple in the burbs.

24. macrumors 6502

I said earlier that i was going to an AT&T store in Mt. Laurel, but the idea of give-aways intrigues me...
    I may also go to the Apple store in Marlton, it's 5 minutes from my house. :D
    I called both and they will def have the phone, but as yet had no further info.

25. macrumors regular

I know that the Marlton store will have a line, but I think its a safe bet that the KofP store is better known than the Marlton one... I think the lines will be shorter in Marlton... Maybe Im wrong... Anyone?