iPhone Purchasers: Portland, OR

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by SilverPenny, Jun 25, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Where are you guys? No love for the Pacific Northwest?

I'll be in line in Tualatin, Oregon, would love to meet some fellow members.

2. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

I have a friend who will be waiting at Pioneer Place Mall (there's both an Apple Store and an AT&T store there,) but I'll be waiting a few weeks before taking the plunge myself. (Although apparently the AT&T stores at Washington Square and Bridgeport Village will carry it, too. So all three Apple Store locations are good because they all have an AT&T store within a stone's throw of them, if the Apple Stores are too crowded.)

edit: He changed his mind. He's going to Bridgeport at about 4:30.

3. macrumors 6502a

kymac

im not going to get one.. but i kinda want to go for the excitement! i love bridgeport maybe ill go there.

4. macrumors newbie

Right now I'm thinking of Pioneer Place. Since you can't wait there overnight, maybe a lot of people will be camping out at outdoor locations. And I'm sure they'll have a lot in stock.

The question is -- what time to show up? And will the mall permit people waiting in line before 6pm?

5. macrumors newbie

I work at the Washington Square mall, so im thinking of going there early and being in line first if they allow it, otherwise im going to go to the bridgeport village store and be there at 6 AM sharp friday morning, and that way their is a cingular store a stones throw away just in case....im getting this ****ing iphone!

6. macrumors member

Eastside

Hello, I'm over on the Eastside and am thinking either the AT&T store on Broadway and MLK (near where I work)or the one near Mall 205 on Washington (5 minute walk from my house). I work on Grand ave and I'm thinking that I'm still close to a few other places if either one gets ridiculous. I am working that day and so will be skipping out around 4 to get in line...just hoping that it isn't as crazy as people think it will be!

Dano

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ill be at bridgeport village at 5am. I'm only 17, but damn am I getting this phone.

8. macrumors newbie

I have a basketball tournament on Friday, so hopefully I'll have a break between games so I can head over...otherwise...the iPhone will have to wait. Or I could send my mom and dad over...hmmmm. I'm not sure which Apple Store location I'll go to though...Washington Square is closest to my school (where the tournament is) but I like Bridgeport better. We'll see!!!

9. macrumors 6502

What time is everyone going to wait? I'm not sure if I should take the entire day off or leave work early to go to my AT&T store.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Take the day off man. The first iPhone will release will only happen once in your life. Take advantage of it!

11. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

YEEEAAAARRRRRGH!!!!

It's a freakin' cell phone! It's not the second coming or anything! It also doesn't sound like there are going to be tons of people waiting early. Just show up a half hour or so before 6:00, and you'll be fine. If you really want to be assured, go to a standalone AT&T store instead of an Apple Store.

(I'll probably swing by the AT&T store on Barbur Blvd at 6:15, and I'll bet you there will be no line, and plenty of iPhones left.)

12. macrumors newbie

rain in the forecast for friday. good news? i think so. less people willing to stand in line all day. HOPEFULLY anyway.

thoughts?

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

Rain, blizzard, wind, tornado...

All won't stop me from getting one.

Excited much.

14. macrumors newbie

Looks like I will be at the Pioneer Place Store. Since AT&T locations are limiting to one per person and I need two right away. :)

15. macrumors regular

Going far away from the crowds!

Any Portlanders actually check to see how many AT&T stores are in the area that will be carrying the phone? I believe at least 12, and 9 of those are nowhere near an Apple Store and associated chaos! About 3 are far enough that no one from the metro area will want to drive the extra 15 minutes..

I already know where I'll be, not one minute earlier than 6, walk in with no significant crowds, get one and be on my way home. While I pass Bridgeport Village with my already activated phone I'll wave to ya'll still waiting in the masses!

See you at your friendly rural Oregon AT&T tomorrow, or not...

:D

--Peabody

16. thread starter macrumors newbie

Bridgeport ftw!

Except I don't know whether to go to the Apple store in Bridgeport or the Cingular store. Oh well, atleast that cuts the lines in half.

17. macrumors 6502

What time is everyone planning on be there?

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to see a sneak showing of Transformers, and I'll probably head over right after that.

So 10pmish

19. macrumors member

Which theater? Bridgeport? What time?

20. macrumors regular

Transformers sneak peak?!?!?! where??? i'm in town visiting family - all the way from texas. went to an ATT store today and started my account (farewell sprint). i'm not sure where to go or what to do when it comes to getting the phone though.

i really hope there isn't a line. i did wait 18 hours for a Wii though - no complaints there.

21. thread starter macrumors newbie

There was a sneak peek at the Lloyd Center for Transformers. Great movie.

UPDATE: I got kicked out of bridgeport mall, no camping allowed. I am going back at 5am.

22. macrumors 6502

Anybody else try to camp out with you?

23. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah there were a couple people attempting to. No luck for them.

24. macrumors regular

no line at the att store.

25. macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I wish I could be there with you guys! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your level of apple-fanboyism) I am in Paris, which has the redeeming factor of being Paris but absolutely no iPhones. I would be camped out in Pioneer Place or as close as they'd let me be if I were there. Good luck! Make Portland macheads proud!