iPhone Purchasers: Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by luvmyMacs, Jun 26, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Are you going to be at Southpoint or Crabtree Valley. Since this is the first thread post maybe the line won't be too long...I can wish. :p

:apple: Amy

2. macrumors newbie

wiithan

Hey, I'm actually going to be at a newly opened AT&T store near Triangle Town Center. Hopefully, there will be less of a crowd there.

3. Moderator emeritus

yellow

4. macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I'm not going to buy one (stupid verizon contract) but I was thinking of stopping by southpoint just to see it in person.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors newbie

What time at South Point?

For those standing in line... specifically at Southpoint. What time are people arriving. Since the store will be open throughout the day... I wonder if there will be even an outside line, if so I hope they atleast rope a section off so people don't sneak in line.

Also Do you think they will be handing out tickets? I would assume they would have to do something to avoid chaos. Any thoughts?

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Southpoint Line

I am getting off work at 11:45 to be there (Southpoint) about 12. I have heard that you can purchase the accessories throughout the day so I want to purchase a case, if nothing else. The stores are going to close at 4:30 and reopen at 6:00 although I know the line will probably start much sooner. There will not be any "tickets" that I am aware of since this is basically a first come first serve and since the stores will close. I am just excited that we only have to stand in line once and can come home to activate.

2 days and counting!
    :apple:

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Triangle

I thought about that store too since I live about 5 minutes from there.

Update: I don't think that store is getting any iPhones from what I can tell on the AT&T/Cingular page. The one in front of Target at Triangle is getting them though.

9. macrumors member

Southpoint

I'm off on Friday and will be heading out to southpoint around lunch time. Unless I see that people might be getting there earlier :)

10. macrumors newbie

wiithan

I really don't understand why all of you guys are planning to go to Southpoint. Isn't that actually in Durham? I mean... the Crabtree one is going to be outrageously crowded, but that will likely be the case with all apple stores. Why not just go to an AT&T store? There are so many of them that you can probably locate one within 5 miles of your house. The experience is going to be the same wherever you go:
    1. Wait in line.
    2. Enter store at 6.
    3. Purchase iPhone.
    4. Go home.
    5. Activate.
    6. ???
    7. Profit.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Southpoint is the store in Durham about 15 minutes from RTP. That is why I am going there. Apple Store is the best shot at getting one I think. Not all AT&T stores are getting the iPhone. Check out the "find a store" on the AT&T/Cingular page.

12. macrumors member

After just looking at the store finder that AT&T sent out I only see 2 AT&T stores on their list (10 miles around Morrisville) that will have the iPhone. After seeing that I will definitely be at the Apple Store.

13. macrumors demi-god

There is an AT&T store on Guess Rd. in Durham, off I-85. I checked and they are selling iPhones. Anyone going?

14. macrumors newbie

Southpoint

The weather forecast doesn't look good. I hope the rain can hold off.

15. macrumors demi-god

I work near intersection of 54/I-40 so I'm right near Southpoint. Anyone want to have lunch before standing in line?

16. thread starter macrumors newbie

Southpoint

If it rains Southpoint will be the place to be. No one wants to stand in the rain but I will to get my iPhone...:D

17. Moderator emeritus

yellow

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

Southpoint line

How many people are in line with you?:confused:

19. macrumors regular

I'm definately going to buy one tomorrow (fingers crossed)....I dont think Crabtree or Southpoint are sure bets.....but I am unsure about AT&T stores just because of limited quantities....I might try Triangle Town Center.....I thought about driving out to Garner or Fuquay, hoping there would be much less demand:)

20. macrumors newbie

My Plan

After careful deliberation and analysis of each individual response I will gladly reveal my plan of attack.

Now - Take sleeping pills or a warm glass of milk since I'm too excited to sleep.
    4:30 am - I awake.
    4:31 am - I asleep.
    4:45 am - I awake and shower.
    5:00 am - I leave for southpoint.
    5:20 am - I walk till I have a clear visibility of the apple store. If people are there skip to 6:30 am.
    5:25 am - Sit in my car.
    6:00 am - Head to starbucks accross street for coffee and breakfast.
    6:30 am - Get my chair, magazines, umbrella and poncho to the front of the apple store door.
    6:30 am - 6pm - WAIT WAIT WAIT.
    6:00 pm - Enter Apple Store, Yell IPhone Please, No DEMO, Pay for it immedialey and leave and go home a happy camper.

21. macrumors 6502

mullman

As a North Carolinian, I must say you are my kind of Apple junkie!

I'm in Charlotte but similar procedure.

[​IMG]

22. thread starter macrumors newbie

WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!

23. macrumors member

Mullman!!!! its Doc! I'll be following a similar procedure to the above on the morrow as well. :)

24. macrumors 6502

mullman

Doc, my NCSU college buddy from the early 90s!
    Kudos to you good Apple soldier, Dan has spoken of your Apple faithfulness.

I hope you get your hands on an iPhone tomorrow :)

25. macrumors member

Heh... yeah. He's all chomping at the bit for me to call him tomorrow evening after I've acquired one. :)