iPhone Purchasers: Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by arn, Jun 21, 2007.

1. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Time to pull some strings, arn...you'll be needing one as a member of the tech media. I'm sure they will look forward to your review. ;)

3. smj
    macrumors newbie

I spoke with an Apple empolyee at the Short Pump Mall and was told that Mall security won't allow any camping whatsoever.

Not that I planned to, but I am hoping they have a ton of them. Was also told they will probably be open late that night.

I have plans that night but I would like to swing by at 11 pm and try and get one..... Wishful thinking...

4. macrumors member

I plan on getting there late that afternoon to jump in line. At that point, I just have to hope they have enough on hand to fulfill the demand on launch day.

5. smj
    macrumors newbie

arn..... where are you going to be?

I can't decided where to go, the Apple Store (would be so much cooler) or the AT&T (better chance per sjobs)?

6. arn
    thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I was planning on the Apple Store just cause I didn't have a feel for how many the AT&T stores are getting

arn

7. smj
    macrumors newbie

I bet people will want to get there super early but security won't allow that. Mall doesn't open until 10.....

It bothers me with the 6 pm thing. I have two kids that go to bed around 7 and I am damn sure not going to be waiting in line when it is their dinner/bed time. We also have some folks coming over with their kids so maybe after dinner and lots of drinks, the crowd will die down and I can get there late night.

Sorry for rambling, but I have a lot of angst

8. macrumors regular

Right now my wife and I are in the "lets wait and see" camp. Our Verizon contract ends in 02/08. We have a AT&T store about 3 min from our house, but the wife likes to talk to her ex-coworkers at the store.

9. macrumors newbie

Well I'll be there in line. And I'm bringing a fellow mac convert with me. So there will be at least two more nuts there. ;) If things look bleak at 6pm at Short Pump I'm ready to dash to all the local at&t stores b/c yes, I am just that crazy :) It's dorkily fun, no?

-Rob

10. macrumors newbie

I'll be there. I can bring the Dew if someone else brings something to much on!

I wonder if security would allow a huge tent? Probably not; guess I'll have to settle with the folding chair :-\

11. macrumors member

12. macrumors newbie

I'm going to be at Apple Store as well.
    I just want to see all hype and their store displays too.

13. macrumors newbie

Ya mo be there...

I'll be there in line in the afternoon. Can't wait for an iPhone this weekend!

14. macrumors member

do you guys think there will be a huge line? whats a safe time to show up to ensure i get mine?

15. macrumors member

just went to the apple store and talked to 2 different guys in the short pump mall and they confirmed that no one is allowed to line up until 6 o clock?

16. smj
    macrumors newbie

Very pleased that they will be open until midnight!!!

I hope they have a ton so I can walk in around 10:30 after dinner and cocktails and get me one!!!

17. smj
    macrumors newbie

Just spoke to my Apple Store (Richmond, VA) and was told lines can start forming at 9 am when the mall opens and that they didn't even have them in yet with no indication about how many they might get. She also reitereated the obvious, closed from 2-6 and open til midnight....

18. macrumors newbie

Anyone there yet? How's the line looking? I don't think I'll make it before lunch time :(

19. macrumors 6502

I just got here a few minutes ago. there is only like 30 people in line. so I think if you get here by lunch you should be fine.

20. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

I wonder how the local AT&T stores are doing. I'm planning on leaving work around 3:30pm to swing by there...

21. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

22. smj
    macrumors newbie

According to the nice person @ AT&T Short Pump there are 7 people in line as of 2:37

23. smj
    macrumors newbie

24. macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

I just went by Short Pump, there is roughly ~45-65 people there. Which AT&T store are you referring to? Err, nevermind I see.

25. smj
    macrumors newbie

9 people at AT&T Short Pump, now.... I might get there by 4-430.

I wouldn't like my chances at the Apple Store even though I think it would be cooler there!