iPhone Purchasers: Roseville, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by LtCarter47, Jun 20, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

I'm debating between camping at the AT&T store on Douglas by Boarders or the one across from the Galleria. I have to go scope out the Galleria store today, if the parking looks right I'll be there. I want to be able to park my truck right in front of the store so I can have a TV and 360. The Boarders center won't work for that.

Planning on stopping by after work on Thursday to make sure no line is forming, and check back every hour if not. I camped out for the 360 and black Friday, so I've got some experience, and I'll be fully prepared this time. :)

2. macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Oddly enough there isn't much ruckus coming from the Northern California side of MacRumors. I'm in the East Bay, toaster is in SF, and we're the only ones that are saying things. If you want to get a good idea of where damage will occur in the Northern California, check craigslist and see who is selling their stuff and soul to afford an iPhone, you'd be amazed.

Honestly, I don't know why people would need to reveal they're selling their stuff for an iPhone, that would encourage me to not buy their stuff so they CAN'T afford one and I'll be one person closer to getting one.. hehe i know thats mean, but its Social Darwinism at its best

Ahhhh that was fun=)

3. thread starter macrumors regular

LtCarter47

Hah, interesting method! I'll have to keep an eye on those.

4. macrumors 6502

Hey LtCarter, I'm from Rancho Cordova myself. Nice to see a fellow Sacramentonian here :)

Not sure if I'm picking it up day 1 or even at all just yet though. Still deciding...

5. macrumors 6502a

darwen

Used to live there... now I am in Washington state. I would have been there with you though.

6. macrumors member

I'm out in Folsom, and I've been debating my launch-day plan for a while. I have the afternoon off, so I'll be prepared to hop in line should one exist.

I scoped out the Folsom Cingular at the Broadstone / East Bidwell complex, and all they have up for signage right now are a couple iPhone banners. I did not see the full-sized video mock-up I have been hearing about.

I have not yet been by the Citrus Heights location on Sunrise next to the FedEx Kinkos yet. I think they do good business there and so they would get a significant allocation of iPhones.

Anyhoo, glad to see I'm not the only Sac area fanboy. I'm really not anticipating too much iPhone-mania here in Sac, but I could be wrong... Maybe at the Arden Apple Store, but I'll be avoiding that location for sure. Hit me up and I'm down to meet up with y'all on launch day.

Rick

7. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Haha didn't know there were this many other Mac fans in the area I might have to stop by just for hell of it.

8. macrumors regular

Well hello there!

Im actually down in Elk Grove, so Roseville is the closest place listed on macrumors..

I cant wait to get an iPhone!

I'll never forget reading all of the rumors about "this new phone "Apple will be releasing, and NO ONE knew about it!

9. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Hey. I am going to the ATT store across from the Galleria by Chipotle! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be getting there prolly around 5- or earlier. if a line forms at close, I'll be there :p

10. macrumors member

Chipotle + iPhone = Crazy Delicious

11. macrumors newbie

Double True

12. macrumors newbie

that's where i'm thinking of heading. please tell me you're not planning on going at 5 pm. its too hot to camp all day, i can't compete with you uber-diehards.

13. macrumors member

Folsom???

Any thoughts on which stores will have lots of iPhones and few campers? I live in Citrus Heights, and the store near Sunrise Mall always seems crowded.
    I work in Folsom, and I just checked out the Broadstone location, and it seems to be a larger store with fewer people. At least there wasn't a wait like in Citrus Heights. SO... can anyone suggest a better store. Placerville, perhaps?? :)

14. macrumors member

I'll probably swing by Broadstone around 2pm and then by Citrus Heights right after just to scope them both out. I would be quite surprised to see any large number of campers at either location.

15. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

IIRC, the AT&T store in the mall is just a franchise - so no iPhones there.
    ...The store near Kinkos mentioned earlier is however, so that may be your best bet.

16. macrumors member

Thanks for the input.
    I just seems like every time I need something over at the store by Kinko's I have to get a number and wait. At broadstone, I walked in and was offered help right away. I'll be checking back here for info on the lines at other stores so please post!!!

17. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, from what I've heard that's true (unfortunately).

18. macrumors 6502

Wow, didn't know there were that many Sactown Apple fans on this board. That's cool.

Is there an apple store inside the Galleria? Or is there only one inside Arden?

Hell, worse comes to worse you could always drive to Fairfield if there's one in the Westfield shopping center there. I've been there a few times but I can't remember if there's an Apple store inside there.

19. macrumors member

Apple store is coming to the Galleria, but isn't currently there. I think the best bet is one of the officail AT&T stores spread out over the area.

20. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Nope, just Arden Fair.

21. macrumors 6502

Ah, ok. Yeah I'm not expecting the iPhone to sell out here either but you never know. There's close to 1.5 million people I think living in this metro area so there's gotta be enough diehard people to pick this up ;)

Unfortunately I'm going camping starting Friday all the way until Sunday so I won't even be able to read up on first impressions. But if everything turns out OK and this thing is a hit, then I'll definitely pick one up next week.

22. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

right. after the add-on the apple store will be FIVE minutes from my house!!!! ahhhhh!
    :apple: pwr!

23. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Alright so, people going to the AT&T select store across from the Roeville Galleria next to Chipotle:
    when are you getting there?
    what are you bringing?
    should we have a MacRumors meetup?

24. thread starter macrumors regular

LtCarter47

WHOAH! Wait just a second, where did you hear that!?! I think I might explode. That would be AWESOME. I live just off harding, so that's literally a couple minute drive.

25. thread starter macrumors regular

LtCarter47

Wow, this thread really picked up since the first couple posts I read. I am definitely going to the one across from galleria now. I actually went in there today and asked about getting some power from inside via extension cord, I'd like to bring a big TV and a 360 for games and movies. Manager wasn't in though, so no answer on that yet. I plan on stopping by thursday evening just in case, and I'll be checking throughout the night in case a line starts to form.

If we plan on getting together maybe we should trade email addresses so we can notify each other if we see a line forming earlier than expected.

As for your questions:
    I'll be checking for a line starting the day before in the afternoon, and if I feel paranoid enough I may just start it myself. Also, if I get the go ahead to use an extension cord to get power from inside, I'll pretty much have to be there at the closing time on thursday to get that set up.

I'm bringing:
    pillows (in case a night operation is at hand)
    Folding chair
    my macbook and DVDs (possibly my TV and 360 should the power be available) (Also, I wonder if AT&T has free wifi at their stores....can someone confirm? I may test that tomorrow after work.)
    PSP
    Stuff to read
    Zune (yeah yeah, so I lost my iPod and I'm a Halo fan...you can rail on me Friday in person, lol)
    A cooler with lots of water and cold drinks
    Snacks of some kind
    That's all I got at the moment.