iPhone Purchasers: Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by gkorsgard, Jun 19, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone camping out for this in the Seattle area? I can't decide which store to go for!

2. tho
    macrumors member

i will be too. though i'm not sure if i'm gonna go to an apple store or at&t one.

3. macrumors member

I will be, the only question is where? I live in arlington, and I thought my store(ATT) which Im friends with the manager there told me they weren't going to get any right away. Anyone know where there are corporate ATT store around? Thanks

4. macrumors member

Twiztedklown316

I live in Spokane, so I will have to go to an AT&T store here, but If were to be in Seattle or lived there, I would most definitely be going to the Apple store over in the U district. I always try to stop by there when I'm in town.

5. macrumors newbie

No Way I'm telling

I've been scoping this out since the release date was announced. My store is picked, my time to show-up is set, I've found all of the free wi-fi available outside the store, cleared my wait plan with security, and have been showing my goofy mug around the store too so employees recognize me.

And if you think I'm going to share all of my insight with you, forget it! I want one of these buggers.

6. macrumors member

In a mall

Seems like the best place to go would be at a mall location for either ATT or Apple stores. No one can camp out in a mall before the mall itself opens up.

7. macrumors 68020

kellen

Yeah, I am thinking about doing it, waiting during the early morning or early afternoon.

Where in Seattle? No idea. Going to upgrade my plan in the next few weeks and try to get some news on the release.

Figure if I can upgrade now, get a phone for cheap (treo 750 or 8525) due to subsidy for signing a contract, then get the iphone and renew (only extending it by an extra week), I could ebay the phone and recoup some of the savings.

But where? I think Apple stores will be packed, so perhaps a cingular store.

8. macrumors member

Bellevue

Thinking of heading there instead of U-Village because there are both Apple and ATT stores. If one's packed, head to the other one (I hope).

Anyone know when the mall opens up?

9. macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I'm going to the AT&T store on *****. I live 2 blocks away, it'll be easy. Guess I'll be there about 4:30 or so if any of you want to join. I'll be the guy with a huge coffee cup that stinks of whiskey.

10. macrumors 68000

FreeState

9:30 am

(The best way in is from the Nordies parking lot)

11. macrumors member

Bell Square

Do you mean on the West side of the mall?

12. macrumors regular

i'm trying to plan for seattle myself. luckily, i pulled in a huge bonus at work this week. Just in time!

now... where to shop, and when to get there... that may take a bit of planning yet. I like the strategy of the above poster, who made sure people knew the plan ahead of time. good hint!

13. macrumors 65816

I'm in the Bellevue area as well. So both the Apple Store and AT&T Store are located on the ground (level 1) floor of Bellevue Square, the former one is near Nordstrom and the AT&T Store is right by Macy's.

I take that day off anyway. :cool:

14. macrumors member

Bell Square

Yep, I'll be there. Got the day off as well. Going early to see if any line forms. If not, there's always Lincoln Square to watch a quick movie and then come back and check in a few hours.

Still thinking about U-Village though. I'm thinking they'd have more inventory, but at the same time there'll be more people.

15. macrumors 65816

A movie day for me as well... although I don't plan to actually get the first revision, I still want to join the crowd.

The AT&T and Apple Store are way apart at the U. Village.

16. macrumors member

Conflicted with waiting

I'm still unsure if there will be THAT many people lining up here in Seattle. Perhaps more downtown or U-Village. But, luckily I don't live near either of those. There are 2 AT&T stores within a mile of each other down my way along with a Starbucks so I'll be hanging around in the late afternoon until I'm highly caffeinated. That'll make it more fun. :) I just hope the rate plans are not stupid expensive!

17. macrumors member

I have a feeling Seattle will get hit HARD... lotsa techies up here. Though, I'm not sure how many MS peeps will be brave enough to carry a new iPhone to work with them on Monday morning. :)

18. macrumors member

Lines

I honestly don't think we'll have to worry about picking up product on Friday. But...I'm going to head down there anyways and see what's going on.

I'd rather be a mall rat that head into the office anyway.

19. macrumors member

Monday

MS people worried about carrying their iPhone? Shoot. I'm worried about it. I'm trying to figure out how to politely say "FU" to whoever wants to touch it.

20. macrumors 65816

Back then AT&T Wireless is based on Redmond, WA.. not sure about now. Not to mention, I live very close to the T-Mobile HQ.

21. macrumors regular

Stores selling

From Apple's website it appears that the U-village store and the South Center Apple stores will have them. I'm debating and think that the South Center store will be less busy than the Seattle store. What u guys think?:apple:

22. macrumors member

Southcenter

It wouldn't surprise me if Southcenter would be less busy because of the clientele. There seem to be more high-schoolers running around there than other malls. And I doubt they have $600+ burning in their wallets.

I'm just picking B-Square because the proximity of an ATT store just around the corner.

23. macrumors newbie

I bet you the South Center store will be alot less busy and I wouldnt be shocked if Apple through some kind of _____ in the game and gave the UVillage store a little stock.

I don't hear people talking about the Northgate Mall AT&T Store. Yes that mall is under construction, but I bet you no one will be there so you all should give that a try too. And for the people who are thinking of going Downtown to Pacific Place for the iPhone, I don't think that will happened cause theres no iPhone display and plus the store is on the lower level with parking and that one of the main escape routes for a fire.

You should also give bellevue a try too cause no one will be there either only like 100 rich people and thats it. I'll be there myself.

24. macrumors newbie

Haha another true point I forgot to put in my post about Southcenter. But for all you people who still doubt Southcenter, you should pray that JCPenny's has a sale cause then the mall will open at 5am-7am

25. macrumors member

Yep. I'll be there at Bellevue square too.