iPhone Purchasers: Southern California

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by itsallinurhead, Jun 18, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Where are you planing to pick up your iPhone?

att or apple store?

My local att said they didn't know if they would even be getting them on the 29th. :mad:

2. macrumors member

fcpguy

I haven't decided yet. I am leaning towards an AT&T store, but don't know which one yet. Which AT&T store did you call? I'm gonna wait until next week and call a bunch of them in my area to see who's getting them. Anyone else in LA or North Hollywood area have any info yet??

3. DMK
    macrumors newbie

My closest Apple and AT&T store are in Pasadena even though I live across the border in the city of Los Angeles.

Will the the Apple Store folks be able to move my old cell phone number from an expired T-Mobile service agreement ? How does that work ? Do I have to have the phone and/or SIM card with me ? I've never done this before.

And if that can't be done, does purchasing an iPhone in Pasadena mean I have to get a 626 area code !??:eek:

4. macrumors member

fcpguy

I don't think anyone knows exactly how this is all gonna work. But I seriously doubt you will get a 626 code if you live in 323 or 213. I still have my old 818 number even though I'm 323 now, so I don't think it really matters anyway. Wow that's kinda confusing...hahaha

5. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

this is where i plan to get my iphone. i'm in orange county. the nearest apple store is in brea, but it's busy enough as it is. and on the 29th? no way i'll be mixing with that crowd. and forget about being in an at&t store. i just can't stand being inside a cell phone store.

i don't even think at&t will be able to transfer your old number, seeing as you don't have a claim to it anymore.

6. macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'll be trying to get mine at the AT&T store in Burbank. :)

7. DMK
    macrumors newbie

sorry, i should have made myself clear. I still currently have a RAZR cell phone with a T-Mobile account. My one year contract has expired, so I am not subject to any cancellation fees when I want to switch plans/phones. I still pay T-Mobile.

My question is a general one. How do you get to keep your current number when you sign up with new service ? Will the Apple store cancel my T-Mobile account for me ? Do I need to call T-Mobile ahead of time? I assume I need to bring my current phone with me, but should I bring my T-Mobile bill with account info ? ... just wondering.

8. macrumors 6502

This is how it has worked in the past:
    get new contract with AT&T. They will get in touch with your old provider and migrate the number for you.

9. macrumors 6502

Your new provider (at&t) will handle canceling your T-Mobile account and porting your number over. If you cancel with T-Mobile prior to going to at&t, they will not be able to port your number.

10. DMK
    macrumors newbie

11. macrumors 6502

Furgster

i think i am going to go to the apple store in irvine or in newport beach but i think i am going to have to get there pretty early

12. macrumors 68020

I'll be there too. You better not be a camper;) the moment one person starts sitting there on a thursday night people walking by will ask why they're there, and then.....:rolleyes: and i'm not camping. waste of time.

The apple and At&t stores are litterally a block apart in our area. you can see them from each other. I don't know which i'll go to, i think the apple store line will be longer, but i also think they'll have more stock.

oh and i think you can choose your area code. I did.

and i think if you are already a cingular customer you just buy it and go. put your sim in at home.

13. macrumors 6502

Furgster

14. macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Yup, live in Anaheim. I'm going to the Brea Mall Apple Store though, it's on the way home from work (which I'm leaving early to queue up). Which store you going to?

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors member

Yes! I live in Irvine. I am thinking either the Irvine Spectrum or South Coast Plaza. I just haven't decided yet. I will be there early though! :cool: I decided to take all of Friday off for this.. :p :D

-JT :apple:

17. macrumors 603

janey

me too! im thinking beverly center..probably not the grove ...torn. not going to an at&t store, gonna stick to apple.

18. macrumors 6502

Furgster

hey i live in Irvine also! you better not steal my iphone hahha

19. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i was at the south coast store for the ipod mini release. it was madness; i couldn't believe how many people there were. of course, south coast and fashion island were the only two stores around, so things hopefully won't be so frantic. i'll be in brea for the iphone since i live 10 min away!

20. macrumors member

Orange County, ugh

I live in Irvine, and cant figure out where to go either. The South Coast Plaza Apple store is about the busiest place and I can think of, and the Fashion Island store wont have any problem getting people that can afford the phone...

I sure wont be going to any ATT stores (is there anything worse than cell phone sales people? DMV maybe), so I am going ot take my chances at Fashion Island. At least there is a never ending supply of Orange County MILF's to help you pass the time in line... Honestly, living in the land of rich and materialistic will make getting an iPhone tough. I am definitely open to suggestions...

EDIT: Could there be any more people from Irvine on this post? Jeez, looks like a line is inevitable, just from us!

21. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you're right. i would really avoid south coast. it's just busy all the time. if you insist on going to an apple store, maybe mission viejo might work well. maybe?

22. macrumors member

Haha.. I think if we plan this right.. we will all get one. :cool:

23. macrumors member

Lets work toghether then. I dont get off work until 5:00, feel like holding a place in line?... ;)

24. macrumors newbie

I live in La Mirada. I am either going to go to the AT&T store on Beach and Imperial, or the Brea Mall Apple store. I would prefer to go to the Apple store, but I am just wondering how Apple is going to handle family plans...

25. macrumors newbie

hollar!

I'm planning to go to the spectrum one...