Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
If Apple were planning to release Leopard at MWSF it would have gone gold master by now, and news of that would almost certainly have leaked.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
The Powerbook G5 finally DID happen. It was called the MacBook Pro CD. Fifth generation Powerbook.

No it's didn't. A PowerBook with a 970-series (i.e G5) microprocessor was never released. Intel and PowerPC chip architectures are completely different beasts. :p :cool:

tonyvz

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
my prediciton

I predict (10/10) that MacWorld Expo will happen on January 9th, 2007 and end on January 12th.

I also think it will start with a keynote from Steve Jobs at 9:00am at the Moscone Centre in Sanfrancisco, California.

Everything else is just a rumor.

jmbear

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
Mexico
Yeah, yeah, whatever, we keep waiting for this phone and it doesn´t come out. I am really happy with my Nextel BlackBerry, so I really hope Apple gives me a reason to switch.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Nutter said:
If Apple were planning to release Leopard at MWSF it would have gone gold master by now, and news of that would almost certainly have leaked.

Precisely. Leopard will not be released until the spring, mark my words. I think we will see another preview of it and possibly Jobs will announce a formal release date, but nothing more. :cool:

I predict (10/10) that MacWorld Expo will happen on January 9th, 2007 and end on January 12th.

I also think it will start with a keynote from Steve Jobs at 9:00am at the Moscone Centre in Sanfrancisco, California.

You're wrong! Steve Jobs' keynote will be in San Francisco, not Sanfrancisco! :p :D

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
I just can't wait to see what is to come on MWSF '07...

I feel there will be something great!

There are 4 possibilities iPhone, Touchscreen iPod, iTV, and Leopard. I think we will get 2 out of 4. I am hearing that it will be the iPhone and iTV.

The iPhone may have 2 batteries one for the phone usauge and one for the media usuage, which sounds like a great idea to me. I still think that the reason the Touchsreen iPod was never released was due to the screen issue and battery issue.

35 days to go...this is better than counting down to Christmas...

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

No PDA iPhone 'til 3Q 2007 would be a major downer. I've been putting off upgrading my phone (have been eligible since September) to see what Apple is going to offer. If the only thing available in 1Q 2007 is a simple iPod nand / phone hybrid, I'd have to thing long and hard to get the iPhone over something like the Samsung Blackjack which is more like what I'm looking for.

sivancotel

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2006
New York City
analyst quoted wrong

just read the report on appleinsider.com, it looks like he said 10/10 that the iPhone would be released to manufacturing in the next 2 to 6 months, not that it will be announced at MWSF.

boo.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
i know that arn has clarified, in regards to an entirely different article, what a certain person meant when they were referring to quarters (i.e. Q1 of 07).

that being said, in this article, an analyst from prudential which deals entirely in FINANCIAL quarters in all aspects of their job, doesn't specify if this is calendar or financial quarters... any clarification on this?

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
With the fear of sounding like a complete moron here, are they stating that the likelihood of the rumors corresponds with the ratings below, or are they stating that the likelihood of the rumors coming true is what corresponds to the numbers? Maybe I've missed something completely, but I thought it was set in stone that Leopard would be released at MacWorld... and I'm not quite sure I believe that it's a 100% chance that the iPhone will be released (in any version) at MWSF... call me crazy.

If all this post is saying is that it's likely that there are going to be rumors, it's kind of a waste of our time... :/

I think he's just guessing. However, Leopard was never to be released at MW. Apple has been saying Spring 07 since WWDC.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
So is there a way for me to ask Santa for a raincheck on the whole Christmas-gift-giving thing?

Dear Santa,
I've been a good boy all year, so can you please wait until Steve Jobs unleashes the iPhone and then grab one for me and leave it in my living room whenever that might be? I'll leave milk, cookies and carrots for the reindeer out the night after the announcement. Thanks, Kris.

- MrFirework

What do you think, will that work?

Ask Santa for a raincheck? Yup, it's called an Apple Gift Card. :D

TheBobcat

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2006
East Lansing, Michigan
I bet Apple's hiring of game developers would probably mean more for the Mac Platform for games. Apple could really improve its standing in the PC gaming industry, and with boot camp, they really could capture a lot of casual PC gamers. I don't think they would get the really hardcore ones as most of them build their own machines.

Good to see the iPhone is probably going to happen. They better say something at MWSF, if not release it.

cloudnine

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Actually, it's Windows' or Windows's since the product is called Windows and now Window.

And you meant to write "not" instead of "now"... bitchy response gets a bitchy response :D

No PDA iPhone 'til 3Q 2007 would be a major downer. I've been putting off upgrading my phone (have been eligible since September) to see what Apple is going to offer. If the only thing available in 1Q 2007 is a simple iPod nand / phone hybrid, I'd have to thing long and hard to get the iPhone over something like the Samsung Blackjack which is more like what I'm looking for.

So something that would sync flawlessly with your mac and would have a 4gb hard drive and blah blah blah whatever all the other rumors is something you'd have to think about over a clunky windows mobile phone that isn't all that attractive?

Hrm... are you on the right forum? :p :rolleyes:

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I really don't think Apple has a place in the video game market. Sure, they might be able to, but Microsoft is leading the way. Even Rockstar's new priority is 360, not PS3, so the next GTA will either be both or Xbox only. Also, no matter how good a console is, it's the games that count. Consider that Xbox got Halo, Gears of War and many of the best shooters, plus other of the best in their class like PGR etc.

Apple would really have to pwn to win the gaming market. Also, I'm gonna buy an iPhone. Screw a smartphone.:D

Is "video games" not just used as an synonym for "computer games" anymore? I'm wondering whether they'll do a Microsoft and get some first party games on the Mac itself.

wkhahn

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2005
standing over your shoulder
I'd have one in a heartbeat if they could shoe-horn one of these in :D

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=6886

yeah - how far we've come :) :) :)

If you're going to put a HDD in the iTV, why not this one? Plenty of space to buffer a stream from your computer and work as a PVR. On the PVR side, don't allow transfer up to the computer for "permanent" storage. To keep forever/own, you still need to buy from the ITS.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Of course it would be nice to see but if it isn't ready, it isn't ready - plain and simple. Apple should not rush an important product like a new OS to market at all costs simply to beat Vista to the punch. If they did this, 10.5 would be unstable and/or buggy and this would be extremely harmful to Apple's image

It would not have to be "unstable and/or buggy". I deal with software releases all the time. Will have a long list of features in the pipeline and we have to decide where to draw the line. For example the next thing I relaes will be called "1.9" but if the boss wants a 1.9 release next week he gets a short list of features if he can wait another moth he gets more. I always maintain a stable build that works. This build is always available for release on short notice. I assume Apple works the same way.

The question is do they NEED the features. It would be a disaster if Loepard was not differnt enough from Tiger. No one would buy it not for the $125 price.

My guess is that leopard will have some completely new features that no one has now. Not just a cleaned up Finder and other tweeks. My gues id for full multi-media messaging integration. The Phone, email and chat will be treated as one thing. Voise mail and email are just two way to send the same data. I will be able to use iChat and the built in mic on the macbook to call a phone or I could send an audio file via email. iPhone users can get their voice mail via email'd AAC attachments or hear thweir emailed texxt message read aloud over the phone -- integraded messaging is got to be one of the "supper secret" loepard features

This si the only way Apple can beat Microsoft exchange, make something that is SO MUCh better that people will buy macs just to get it.

pyramid6

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2006
I think I'm looking forward to MWSF more than Christmas! ;)

Truer words have never been spoken.

What about the tablet and the "True" video ipod? Also, will Adobe and Microsoft be there? Photoshop CS3, and a universal binary Office would be nice.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
"Video" Games...

At this point all it means is a "game" using a "screen"....

Apple tried before with a Pippin (I happen to have one). The games on it were LAME and didn't compare to Sega Saturn or 3DO or Playstation...

It will just mean more iPod games, maybe playable on an iTV and iPhone. Maybe playable through iTunes as well?

The Mac gaming will be still up to third parties...

Apple will be like Tivo when it comes to games. My Tivo Series 2 has a few puzzle games on it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.