iPhone Recorded Vertical Video - How to Make it Horizontal?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mystikal, Jun 8, 2011.

1. macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    So there is this annoying thing with the iPhone 4, where, if you have rotation lock on, but record a video horizontally, it will still come out vertically.

It's a 4 min long video, 720P. I was just wondering how I can turn it around so I can get this thing on youtube. Is there a way on Final Cut Pro?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  2. macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    On iMovie you can rotate it by enabling advanced tools.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Sep 2, 2008
    Metro Kansas City
    You can also rotate and crop in mpegstreamclip I believe....
  4. macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2010
    How to change video orientation NOW a DAYS in iOS 7..

Just wanted to update this thread for now a days....

It's April, 2014....

And for some reason, today is shot a video in portrait orientation on accident.

So, I searched the interwebs for a quick ALL ON IPHONE solution. Saw this thread, and others, mostly saying use iMovie... I think people are meaning iMovie on my Mac computer, MacBook or otherwise...

So just wanted to post this detailed, new age information:

There is a great free app, VIDEO SWIVEL on the App Store.

I didn't need the upgrade, but I chose to pay the $1.99 to upgrade it to its maximum potential...

And just wanted to say, this app works GREAT. Not only did I change the orientation, easily as all get out, I was able to zoom it in and make the video even better than I could have asked for.

I suggest VIDEO SWIVEL for anytime you accidentally GET a portrait video in iOS. Didn't have to pick up any other device than my iPhone 5s on iOS 7.... And the video came out perfectly.

Thanks VIDEO SWIVEL.

Hope this helps anybody, sometime....