Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulf88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Last night my iphone randomly had no signal, so i turned it off and then on again, to be shown the "connect to itunes" recover mode. It is a jailbroken 3G running custom 3.1. When i try to restore in both recovery mode and DFU mode it does so before returning an error code 1014 at the final stages,(due to conflicting basebands or something). Have tried downgrading to itunes 8.2 and tried pwnage but still no further forward.

Any suggestions?

paulf88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Thanks, ive managed to get out of the loop using iRecovery. However i am now back to where i was when it first happened. It is still asking for a restore and i am only able to make emergency calls!

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
I was also getting this error on my laptop which is my primary computer to sync my iPhone with.

I switched to my PC which was still running iTunes 9.1.0 and i did the restore that way then once 3.1.1 was on the iPhone just hooked back up to the laptop and finished restore there...all went well and is working fine.

paulf88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
When i try to restore it now, itunes is telling me that the sim card is not inserted?

paulf88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Tried restoring again, but has come up with error 1014 again, which has let it to be stuck on recovery mode loop again! Is there any way to solve this? By the sounds of it error 1014 is a result of the jailbreak, as it is something to do with conflicting basebands that wont allow the restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.