iPhone rumors

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mrgreen4242, Oct 19, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Some more iPhone rumors. This at least sounds neat, even if it's not real.

Touch sensitive display that is behind what appears to be a black plastic face. This could be a new technology that minimizes the fingerprints on the screen, which would of course explain the delays in the long rumored full screen iPod (they are perfecting a new display covering/touch screen technology).

Claims that it's got lots of PDA features, including email and chat with data connectivity via WiFi. Plus, it'll be a remote for several Apple products (some unreleased).

Now, if it's close to the size of my nano, has 4gb of storage for music, looks as cool as it sounds like it does, has wifi for data connectivity and remote control of my Mac/other Apple products (AirTunes remote finally?), and works with my cell carrier (Sprint) I'm all over it. I'd be doubly likely to get one if the WiFi handset could be used for Skye or another VOIP service when in range of an open (or properly configured) hotspot. Sadly I think that they won't have a model that works on Sprints network, which is a bummer as they have the best coverage in my area, so I'm unlikely to switch to another company.
  2. JakeN488 macrumors member

Oct 4, 2006
    Hope the rumors are true. I'd gladly give up my sidekick3 for an apple branded cell phone (assuming the rumored features are true). T-mobile seems to get good phones so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried it.
  3. monke macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    Exactly, maybe this was just what Apple was looking for. Thus changing the iPod Nano's due to fingerprints, and bringing back a similar design that is nearly fingerprint-less.